SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misplacedtxgal

Need to vent! More carpenter delays...

misplacedtxgal
13 years ago

I just need to vent to people who will understand! After waiting forever to get on this carpenters schedule he was supposed to start last Monday on my kitchen renew. His father-in-law passed away the evening before so he said it would be today at the latest, but he would try for Thursday or Friday(last week). When he didn't call or show on Friday I called him. My countertops are scheduled for tear out tomorrow and there is work for him to do before. Anyway, he told me on Friday that he could get it all done today so not to worry. Then he called last night saying that his son was sick and he couldn't start today. His wife missed all last week of work due to the death of her father and needs to get back to work today. So he needs to stay home and care for his son.

I can't be mad at the man as none of this is within his control! But I'm SO frustrated. We're already "camping" out of boxes and we lost all of last week. Now the countertops are going to be delayed! This was all supposed to be done by mid Oct, so we scheduled my Aunt to visit my Mother who is now in Hospice. Now instead of having a nice comfortable home for my Aunt to stay at during a very stressful time for her (she hasn't seen my mom since a rapid decline in her health) we're going to be camping out of boxes and eating take out.

There is nothing I can do. DH who doesn't understand why I would want to redo the kitchen anyway just said basically I told you so. So I guess I'm just looking for a sympathetic ear.

Thanks for "listening"! Kay

Comments (6)