SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suggi1

Carpenter ants and pavement ants

suggi
15 years ago

I have pavement ants all over outside and some came in during the winter which I eliminated with KM Ant Pro and Gourmet liquid ant bait. Now I literally got a swarm of carpenter ants descend upon the house in front of my eyes. Must have been disturbed somewhere and hit my house. Flkying, running and then got in. Some were 2" long - scared me to death. They did not go for the KM Ant Pros I had outside for the pavement ants so I also put out Terro. Inside the house I started squirting them with Clorox clean up - not enough to kill them - just to make them walk funny and hopefully run home to queenie and tell her it was a bad place to invade. I went from 30/day to 8/day to none and then 2 days ago I did see two in the basement and unfortunately I squirted too much and they died. Haven't seen any inside since but the laen guys are going to weed, mulch and prune and I'm afraid that will stir everything up and they will be in again. I had cancer and am immune comprimised and allergic to pesticides so trying my best.

PLEASE any suggestions short of the exterminator. Have a brick patio ground level (slider one step up) and it is full of the pavement ants - they are removing all the sand between the bricks and it is caving in under my dryer vent which is almost touching the ground (multilevel house with back half underground. Still carpenters around outside although not the 2" ones. There is a tree where I see a lot of them and I put a Terro out there but it gets full of mulch quickly from the pavement buggers.

Have to sell this house at some point because of severe osteoporosis and need one level living--bathroom on same level with kitchen and bedroom and can't with ants all over the place. Exterminator was going to use Termidor and I don't know what inside and I get water intrusion in the basement after heavy rains for a few days and when it dries up I wash the walls and floor with bleach to keep mold issues away and don't know if any or all mix. Just don't feel well enough to deal with this right now. HELP

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath