SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreak100_gw

Just a little bummed...more delays

andreak100
10 years ago

So, I just need a shoulder to cry on a bit...originally, our cabinet maker said "end of July" for our cabinets. He's had other kitchens before us, and I understand delays happening (I do believe that this means he will pay us the same type of attention and deliver us the quality that we hope)...but, he just gave us an expected date of cabinet completion of some time toward the end of September. :( Obviously, since he didn't even get us our final drawing and so on, I knew that we wouldn't be getting our cabinets in the next few days...still, I just want my kitchen. And yes, I'm whining a bit at this point.

It doesn't sound like much difference - about 8 weeks, but when we've been told for a few months that he felt the end of July was expected and he didn't even move us a few weeks in between that - we jumped to 8-ish weeks, it's just a little disheartening.

And now, he doesn't even remember all the (many, many, many) details that we talked about and I need to go over those again with him. Like I say, I know that he's going to do a good job for us, it's just that this kitchen remodel is going to be the death of me. Now I also have to get in touch with our GC and let him know to move our projected time slot with him a few months as well.

I know a lot of you have been in the same situation, so I just needed to vent to people who can understand.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone