SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasorbust_gw

ant rant, just a vent

Texasorbust
18 years ago

IÂve never purposely harmed a creature in my entire life. Spiders are swooshed out the door, humane traps for other pests. But fire ants are another story. They are monopolizing my time. I talk, think and annoy everyone around me about "far ants" constantly. Find myself bringing them up in conversations in line at the store, with the bank teller, with neighbors and online friends. Pull up out front and start looking around for new mounds. Check with a flashlight around the flowerbeds to see where they are moving in next. I call it fa hunting because the family refuses to talk about anything to do with fire ants.

Taken tips and advice from everyone and have tried most. Boiling water made me slightly disappointed, was hoping to hear tiny screams. They moved over 3inches from where they were. I figure the 3" was enough for them to throw on some flip flops and a towel to enjoy the steam bath. Some kind of powdered poison the previous owner left here makes a fine deodorant for these little aliens. Someone said orange oil I canÂt find any so I tried lemon oil, they lined up head to head and spelled out "YOUR NEW AROUND HERE EH?" DidnÂt have my arsenal with me out in the pasture so I stuck a rake handle in the mound and ran. 2 ninja-type guard ants hitchhiked in on my sock so they could inject my calf with their little needles 10 minutes later. Other than flesh, what exactly is their diet anyway? Noticed a few this morning around the edge of my new veg garden area, checkered table cloths over their arm, bottles of wine waiting for the picnic to start. Sending dh out to buy that , soon to be renamed, stuff someone else mentioned on here as soon as I find the post. If that doesnÂt work, ill start installing magnifying lenses over the mound and tell them its just solar panels to save on energy or maybe try to find grenade launchers r us website.

Caddyshack has new meaning,

Susan

Comments (28)