SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

Major rant and vent!!

pawsitive_gw
14 years ago

I have been involved in dogs and dog activities for way too many years, over 35 by my count. I have always been a good dog citizen. Since we live out in the middle of nowhere and the people I train with live cardinal points of the compass in other middle of nowhere places, we try to get together 2x a week to train. Sometimes we all meet at my place, sometimes we meet in town and sometimes we meet near R's house in a park. Well last Tuesday, they told us we could no longer have dogs in the park. Too many people do NOT pick up after their dogs and since it is a community/multiple use park, the dog carp is causing problems. So thanks to all the inconsiderate people, we, the ones who DO pick up after our dogs and make a sweep of the area before we leave, are being punished. How hard is it to take a plastic sleeve off a newspaper, or a plastic grocery bag and put it in your pocket, then pick up after your dog, and throw the goods in the trash? We do early (can you say before sunrise!!) Sunday morning tracking with our dogs on a school field and this morning I picked up 3 piles from 3 very large dogs. Come on, this is a school ground! I fully expect to see it fenced off and the gates locked one of these days. We are slowly losing our rights as dog owners and more and more places are not accepting dogs because of the few who do not take care of small problems like "land mines". Every jacket, pair of pants, vest, car, fanny pack, and shorts usually has 1-2 baggies in it. I have been known to offer people a baggie, not with the attitude of "pick up after your dog", but "here, I notice you are out of bags and I have an extra, don't you hate it when that happens". Gets my point across without being rude. I've been known to run out of bags walking around town, but I will DRIVE back in my car or ride my bike and PICK IT UP!! There rant over, and I vented, so if anyone is a culprit, I hope you are watching over your shoulder, the rest of us are watching and running after you with a plastic bag!

Comments (20)