SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

3900 send a daylily get a daylily 3900

cannahavana
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Comments (100)

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yep, those are my bloomers in the garden, well not the tulip. They are still hanging out in the pots that I bought them in. They are already forced this year and I am going to stick them out in the dirt for next year.

G, dang, I knew that you did ebay and I didn't catch on.

Marea, if you are the one getting the FREE bulbs and the seeds she keeps saying she will be sending, don't hold your breath, LOL! Joke

G, I am sending you a box o' phlox and will probably find some other goodies you might like :).

Well, Jean, believe it or not, I used to want to move to the frigid north to have all of my flowers blooming at the same time in the short growing period. Now, I have finally figured out how to have different types of plants to have interest the whole growing season here. We used to have the garden in bloom only in June and July and then it looked like crap the rest of the time. We are still working on winter time.

We have an area that has lots of spring interest that is about to come to life. The trillium, bloodroot (my favorite) virginia bluebells, and others are popping out of the ground. Pics to come soon :). Oh, and native flame azaleas and mountain laurel are budding.

I am ready to get all the plants in the house back outside. They are all looking so haggard. I potted up Hoya cuttings today that had spent the winter in vermiculite. They were getting top heavy in their little plastic pots. I found some little ceramic pots at Big Lots that look like baskets with metal handles. I bought all they had and drilled holes in them and put the Hoyas in there.

Can you tell I am bored? Just rattling on about everything.

Oh, DD has pottied 3 times for me today! She is figuring it out I do believe! She dances around..."I did it! I did it!"

Here is her potty step stool. She loved getting painted.

{{gwi:1244687}}

And, she is helping me paint here. My two little artist :).

{{gwi:1244688}}

LOL! I just noticed my kitty in the pic checking out a possible snack.

Mmmmm...just had ice cream...chocolate almond fudge...made with Splenda. Loooow carb.

Oh, and the mailman brought me beer today **BIG GRINS**

~Canna

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR HOOSIER BUD!!!!

Dang, missed another B-day! I need to write them down. Anita do you have one of your famous list? No rush...get well girl.

~Canna

• Related Discussions

3700 send a daylily get a daylily 3700

Q

Comments (1)
    OOps that is suppose to be 3800...starting new thread...
    ...See More

4100 send a daylily get a daylily 4100!!!

Q

Comments (100)
    Morning all, and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!! Yet another awesome weekend here in the TN valley with sun and mid-sixties! Y'all come down south and stay a spell, LOL! Loving the pics, keep them coming. I should have my secret pal's box ready to be shipped today! Also, those who are wanting Hellebore seedlings, I should have them dug and ready too. I'll give you a hint on who my secret pal is...s/he does NOT live in Tennessee :). Hi Cody! I am an orchid novice, so I am feeling out what grows best for me in my home conditions. I have had a phal and a dend/phal NOIDs for around 18 months and have been unable to get them to rebloom. I also have: Onc Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' New ones on Friday: Ascda. Pralor 'Barbara Elmore' HCC/AOS that has red/orange bloom Epiden. 'Pixie Princess' H&R Epi. Veitchii Bulbophyllum pulchellum 'El' So, you see, I am kind of all over the place. The epi is in spike and I am excited!!! Jean, bird-bird looks great contrasting with your red walls! Beautiful bird! Dawn, you have a cutie baby bird too! I want a bird!!!! Trops, yes, I do have the plant that shoots seeds, Dorstenia. I do have Stuttgart, but I just got it last year, many thanks to both Marea and Susan for it! If it multiplies well, I would be happy to share. Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. Add another pound to that! Or, should I say subtract another pound from me, LOL! I am eating normally now, just not sugar. I even bought a big bag of M&M's for my pal and it didn't call out my name. I have been eating Blue Bunny ice cream, the carb-free or sugar free varieties and I can't tell. I ate peanut brittle ice cream last night, YUM! OK, better get busy. I have a "Yeah, I'll get too it" list a mile long for today. I have been up for 4 hours already and have gotten zip done. Y'all have a wonderful day full of love, laughs, and sunshine! Life is good... ~ Canna
    ...See More

4000 send a daylily get a daylily 4000!!!

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi everybody.. Canna, you can imagine my excitement the other day when I was at Big Lots and I saw "your" feeder. I felt like I struck gold! You know how Big Lots is, one day it's there, the next day it's gone. I was just hoping that you hadn't gone and got a new one yet. I am so happy to have been able to do a *nice* thing for you!! You deserve it!! Oh, and of course I got one for my birds too!! Well, I think I did a NICE thing early this morning for my DH. He was so excited the other day 'cause he "traded" a few beverages with Canna and her DH, Doug. He enjoyed it so much, and starting poking around on the web. Well wouldn't ya' know it......he found a beer trading website. He wanted to trade soooo bad, but of course he's a "newbie" and no one would give him a chance. I was starting to feel sad for him. I kept encouraging him, and finally a nice fella in Colorado offered a trade. DH was thrilled, and came looking to me for help packing and shipping. Well, I "taught" him how to pack everything nicely, and had him even add a note. He was so proud of his 1st trade. And to be extra nice, I told him I would drop it off and pay for the shipping. All $17.50 of it!!! It was quite a heavy box. I also tried to do something nice for Anita today, but it backfired on me. I was out and about and I saw some Iris rhizomes that were so gorgeous. I immediately thought of Anita a picked up a couple. Came home and checked her "garden" page.....yep, she's got it already! Darn! Oh well, It's the thought that counts! I'm sure I can find a nice spot for them here somewhere......... Hi Becky Glad you are feeling good. That will be so nice to have your schooling finished. May will be here before you know it! Joey, pics?? We're waiting...... Is is possible to be the Martha type AND the Maxine type??? Actually, I think I always try to start out "Martha" and end up "Maxine". That's okay though. Marea, you get yourself into so many neat jobs. And then to be called "Sweetheart"! Perfect! It sounds very interesting. Just don't get bit, lol. Well, I better go cook something. Still Veg. and proud of it. Have a great afternoon...........~Dawn (mamabirrd)
    ...See More

4500 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Cody, Wanted to touch on the subject of trading...first so sorry to hear you got burned on the dahlia's as I have had the same problem this year. I made a trade for dahlia's for daylilies and the dahlias I got where dried up and still have not done anything. I am hoping they will but so far nothing. I am not good at growing dahlia's so it could be me. I have had some awesome trades this year. The worst one I have sent this year was to Joey as when I walked into the garden the morning I dug his things I almost broke my leg from the trench I steped into unknowningly. When I started moving the mulch back and digging every plant had been chewed up. It took less that 24 hours to hit several drug stores and buy all the caster oil I could get my hands on and I soaked the ground all over. Had some really pretty and shiny plants. Now back to what I was going to say. I sent several trades that where pretty big back in the fall and got tiny sickly plants in exchange. I swore I was not going to trade with anyone again...then spring fever hit and I made a trade that went beautifully so I did a few others. I have been super pleased but I have also been pretty careful as to who I trade with. I have met some great people and have gotten some plants that I can not find around here and the mail order thing has been very disappointing to me so I have taken some chances. I look at it like this...if you burn me once you will never get a second chance to do it again. As I said in the above post I got three boxes of plants in today and I could not be more pleased in the boxes I got. Carols was awesome, besides Carols I made a trade with a guy in NC for some sedums and a few other things, well here is what he sent me Sedum 'Carmen' x1 Sedum 'Neon' x2 *Caryopteris 'Worcester Gold' x1 *Physocarpus 'Diablo' - ninebark x1 Sedum 'Kamschaticum variegatum' x2 Centranthus Ruber 'Jupiter's Beard' x2 Stachys Byzantia 'Helen von Steine' x 2 The box weighed 14 pounds. I would have paid $200 at any nursery around here for the size plants he sent me. He even added a few extra things. I will be trading with him again. The Centranthus Ruber 'Jupiter's Beard' are both sitting in 5 gallon buckets...that is how big they are. The sedums have no growing room at all in the 3 gallon pots I put them in as a temp home till I get the new bed ready. It was completely unbelievable. The other trade I got was for an Orange Flowering Maple and a few Chinese Lanterns. The flowering maple was 3 feet tall and my daughter counted 63 flowers and buds on it and it was still in dirt and looked awesome. It has been a wonderful day in my Neiborhood. Ok It is 2am and I need to be in the garden at 6am so I wish everyone and great day with lots of blooms. Deni
    ...See More
  • jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Canna, your kids are adorable. I remember when Jacey was that little and that's exactly what she loved doing. She's still very artsy so maybe she'll be an artist, or a basketball player. By the time she's old enough for college she may even get drafted to the college team! lol

I tried to buy out Lowe's yesterday too. I won't say what I bought because my SP will probably get some of them and I want her to be SPRIZED!

I'm the other one who got scammed by a fake ebay email. Yesterday I have to follow in Mama G's footsteps and cancel and change all my bank and credit cards. What a headache and we still have to worry that something will show up on our credit history at a later date.

I bought the cutest little thing-a-ma-jig for my SP yesterday. I hope she likes bugs!!!

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! It's Friday, doing the happy dance all over the house! Thinking about getting up on the rooftop and doing a little jig and song routine. Anyone want to join in the fun? It's almost an a-frame roof so we'll have to have a rope to hold onto! lol

I forgot to mention that I set out some lily bulbils this week and the neighbors dang dogs have carried off the entire container. I want to cry!!!!

Nancy

Anita, sorry you're under the weather again. Maybe it's the snow doing you in girl. ;-(

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

i want to move south! the only thing in my back yard is a squirrel eating all the seed i put out for the birds, we got 8" of snow yesterday and last night and calling for more on Sunday. DS's are camping in this! oh to be young!!!. they say they don't get cold, big fire, appropriate clothes, $$ sleeping bags...bot me gimme my electic blanket anytime. I can't imagine getting up in the cold and dark to go pee in a hole! sorry for the visual

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!!!! Get less busy we miss you!!!!

MELISSA

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Ok Gloria, I have emailed you my new email address twice, please change it, luvmybulbs@yahoo.com

I wanted in on the march swap and didn't know there was a dead line.

I only get on the puter one or two days a week now, so I just scan through the stuff.

Also I still need an address list

Angie

• mareas
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday Susan!

...and thanks, G., for the finder's prize - and for being my interesting and delightful friend!
    Was "seeds" your clue, Canna? You've been paying attention again...

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday Susan!!!!! And forget about the list, Anita emailed it. Thanks Anita.

Mareas love the kitty kat!!!!

Canna, my guy was doing good on the potty, this week is an exception. He is a stubborn little man!!!!!!

take care
    Angie

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday Susan!!!

• marybz5ny
    19 years ago

Good Morning Daylily Friends...

Happy birthday yesterday to Susan!!! Hope your day was GREAT!

Oh man, I cannot believe that I missed out on signing up for March swap also. Sounds like a good one! Can maybe Angie and I be swap partners since we both missed deadline???
    Please, please, please????

Anita, received your wonderful box yesterday! Thanks so much! I cannot believe you were so brave to send that beautiful glass vase through the mail - came through just fine too! Kids have already broken into the chocolate, and I just love the little critters for my garden. Will send you a private email later. Sorry you are sick again. This winter had really been something with illnesses.

G., so sorry to hear about your ebay trouble. Just amazing, the amount of scammers there are out there. Makes is hard to keep faith in human beings some times. Hope it all gets straightened out soon with minimal damage to you.

Jo, can you let me know the definite date for your swap? I'm trying to update my calendar and you know June will be here before you know it! Can't wait to meet up with you and Anita and maybe some others?

Oh, all you guys in zone 7 and above are just MAKING ME SICK!!!..... I am SOOOOO envious of you all buying bulbs, getting out in the garden and actually having things coming up. We are still under snow and temps in the 20's. During that last warm spell that we had most of the snow had melted off on gardens around the house and I actually had buds ready to open on my snowdrops, but ofcourse we got snow the next day so they have disappeared again! I have brought some of my potted up hostas into the house and some eyes are coming up on some, so that will be nice to see. I've been repotting my orchids just to satisfy some gardening urges.It's helping a VERY LITTLE bit. I'm in the process of setting up 4 very nice Gardenweb trades for Spring - one for about 20 hostas, one for a hardy lady's slipper, one for several varieties of lotus, and one for orchids. I am REALLY getting anxious for Spring this year - how many more days, Dawn???

Becdav, if you read this, can you please post those pictures again of your waterfall you put in last year - one's of work in progress and finished. My mind's been ticking.....

Off to the shower and get ready for work - bummer...

Have a good day all,
    MaryB.

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN
    Hope you had a great day with Dan..=)

Ya know Mamabear I did do the search thingy and still got bulbs,seeds and trees..Hummm...wonder what I did wrong..LOL

Love the stool..Nice job..lol
    For some reason I only see an red X for the other picture =(
    Darn,darn

Anita..did you sent the new address list out? If so,I didn't get one..

Hey Bird Bird found the new toy..LOL..he was scared of it yesterday..LOL..now he's playing and talking to it..

GET WELL ALL..HUGS

Come on spring,Jean

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

Dirtpig.......ebay102......you shoulda only typed stargazer lily bulbs...that is totaly where your mistakes began...mamabear is such a smart bear...be NICE!!!!!!!!

Canna NEVER misses anything...andmarea honeywhenyouseedsdocomeiwantyoutomakesure
    you tell thesegirls!!!!!

can someone pleasetellme howtofixcomputer....

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Morning everyone

Susan, hope you had a wonderful birthday!

22 MORE DAYS 'TILL SPRING!!! We got 6 inches of snow the other day and I was ready to scream. It just kept coming down! Even though I hate it, it is pretty to look at. I took this pic of my front steps around midnight.

I will be so happy when I can post some pics like Canna.
    Canna, verrrry pretty. And the "potty step" is adorable. Your kids look so cute, and when I saw the kitty I cracked up. I can't believe you are getting ready to put your houseplants back outside! So jealous! Be sure to post pics of the Trillium & Bloodroot. I've always wanted Bloodroot, and I planted a few Trillium in the fall. Hope they make it. Glad your ale made the trip okay. DH just joined a "Microbrew of the Month" club. He just got his first box, but wasn't real impressed. I'll pass on the names of any good ones he tries. I was going to call our local distributor and see if he can get the "Radish". I'll keep you posted.

Melissa, I saw Rosemary seeds yesterday and picked up a pack for you. I'll drop them in today's mail. Just in case you want to try them anyway.

MamaG, sorry about the whole Ebay scam thing. Hope you got everything straightened out.

Anita, SWEET PICTURE! He's so cute. I finally heard back from one of the nurseries and he said he couldn't find them in the greenhouses that are accessable, but he thinks they are in the greenhouse that they can't open yet. He said it is closed up with tons of screws, and is a real predicament to get open. I told him that's fine, I'll wait, but when he opens it in a few weeks and if there is E.O.D. in there, to save them all for me. He also sent me a list of Daylilies that are available from his supplier, but no pricing. I will check on pricing and if they are a good deal, I will let you all know.
    Oh, and good idea (neighborhood watch). I think I may see if some others are interested. There was another theft about 1/2 mile away the other day. A wheelbarrow and 5 cans of gas were stolen. Sure makes me nervous.

Nancy, I can't believe your neighbor's dog took your bulbs!

Joey, Ricky, & nephew, are you guys STILL shopping???? I wanna' come!

Lots more to say, but I'll have to check back later. I need to get to the P.O. before it closes.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

I have lilies (orientals) pushing up, iris and all types of things blooming!!!!

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

oh dawn thank you so much! I will try them, I am patient.

I saw some bulbs today in Sam's...big boxes no prices yet. I will have to check next week. We had not been BIG grocery shopping since before the hospital visits since the membership is only in my name. there was one lone bag of tater tots in the freezer so we spent 4 hours at the store this morning! $570 and 6 hours later everything is repackaged, labeled and ready for the freezer.

Time for a nap!
    MELISSA

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

HI EVERYBODY,

Hope everyone is doing well. How about it Anita, are you feeling any better my best buddy???

Just got back from the nursery. I had to go and get my seeding mix. I will be WS, today and tomorrow. LOTS of seeds, YIPEEEEEEEE!!!! I bought a few more seeds I just HAD to have. The seeding mix I purchase is called "BMI" it is just the greatest. I have tried several different brands, and then last year I got some of this and finished up my WS. The difference in the mix is unbelieveable, it absorbs the water twice as quickly and my germination rate was nearly double. I won't ever use anything else.

Dawn,
    I am gonna e-mail you my list in just a bit, see if there is anything on there 'ya want and I will get it out on Tues.

I am going to offer my next round of seeds here first, before I post on the seed exchange. will post the list here in just a bit.

Mama G,
    I have an extra pack of canterbury bells packed and ready to go for you. I will send them out on Mon. Also, Have you tried using "canned air" to blow out the keyboard, if not you need to get some and use it. All the fuzz and dust gets in there and causes the keys to stick. You can usually find it at most any computer store or at Staples, also JoAnn Fabrics usually carries it. Hope it helps.

I finally found a DL with the name "Boogie in it for my DGS. He asked for one for his B-day,(his nickname is boogie) (he will be 5 in May) I will be ordering it (along with a "few" others this afternoon)If spring doesn't come soon, I will have to declare bankruptcy. (grin)

Well, off to make that seed list.

BBL,

Jo

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

OK,
    I am going to post this here first, if you see any you would like LMK ASAP. I will post these on the seed exchange on Tues. But I want to offer them to all my Daylily friends first.Most I have just one or two trades of, they are from packs I have just purchased,some are from my garden and I do have more of most of those.

"P" is for purchased pack the rest are from my, or my friends gardens.

Here is the List:

Mixed straw flower"P"
    Amaranthus Early splendor"P"
    Aster Powderpuffs"P"
    Schizanthus angel wings mix"P"
    Nasturtium Golden jewel dwarf Dlb."P"
    Nasturtium scarlet jewel dwarf dlb."P"
    nasturtium empress of india"P"
    Scabiosa Mourning bride"P"
    painted daisy"P"
    Mallow vulcan"P"
    bachelor buttons black ball"P"
    painted lady runner bean"P"
    4 o'clocks broken colors"P"
    4 o'clocks kaleidoscope "P"
    velvet queen sunflower"P"
    MG red star"P"
    MG shiva"P"
    MG milky way
    muscari latifolia
    datura lavender
    thunbergia yellow"P"
    thunbergia white"P"
    echinops ritro blue
    purple fountain grass
    purple pasque flower
    allium christophii
    Iris dwarf purple
    gaillardia indian yellow
    gaillardia burgundy
    butterfly weed white (maybe ice ballet)
    Hosta blue mammoth
    Iris (sib.) white
    yucca white
    scarlet runner bean
    lunaria/money plant/purple-annual-self seeds
    chamomile yellow daisy flower
    iris (maybe wabash)
    strawflower hot pink
    peony poppy salmon pink annual
    sweet cecily/myrhh plant
    ligularia the rocket

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Jo,
    I would like these seeds:
    amaranthus early splendor
    scabiosa mourning bride
    4 o'clocks broken colors & kaleidoscope
    butterfly weed white
    iris sib. white
    I want to do a moon garden in all white flowers this year.
    I saw pictures of some and they are gorgeous.

Shirley

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hey Shirley,

You got it, will get them ready and mail on Mon.

Jo

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Here's my grandson Dawson, he's 9 months old and the joy of my life.
    {{gwi:1244691}}

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

I had 29 names I sent the list to, I see it did not make it to everyone, After I get the Birthday list from Jo, I will re send the list, & I will be asking EVERYONE to respond to acknowledge they have received it, only takes 2 seconds to hit reply & type, YEP I GOT IT!!!, Now that's not so hard is it? Then I don't have to wonder if everyone received the new one,

Mamma G,
    I am not sure about my disappearing E-mail's, another person told me the same thing, when they opened it, POOFF it was gone, Now I am pretty sure I hold no magical power's,
    I have been thinking about your StarGazer Lilies, Do you have any left? 99 cents each is a great deal, I have to get Gay paid first, AS SOON AS SHE TELLS ME HOW MUCH!!!!
    Then I can see what I can do to take some of them off your hand's, DH should be back to work in March, Thank the lord, I love him dearly, but boy oh boy 24-7 can get old fast, Sorry for not telling you or anyone but Jo, As I said in my E-mail I did not want to get excluded, due to DH's lay off!!!

Jo,
    Yes, I am fine, I have told David we need to get a Carbon monoxide tester, as I should not be sick ALL the time & maybe something's wrong, He has been sick 3-4 time in the last few months too! Same thing fine one minute the next gagging & the other end bug for 2-3 day's,
    Now you know you should have NOT let me see that seed list!!!!!!!! I will call you today:)

Jean,
    Yes, My sister is BIG TIME into Iris, The ones I have are nothing compared to hers, She feels about Iris the way I feel about Daylilies, although I am working on her, She ordered I think 16 Daylilies already this year, one of which is Border Music That I cant wait for to be big enough for her to share with me:) She wants Edge Of Darkness DL REAL bad, I have it from Dawn, but I don't think mine is going to be big enough in 2005, It might be just so I can get Border Music from her:)

Dawn,
    I truly appreciate all you are doing for my sister to get her EOD, If you do happen to get any I would LOVE to have another one too, Depending on what they want for them:)

Marea,
    I love your Kitty pic, Oh bring on spring!!!!

Joey,
    Could you PLEASE send some warm weather my way????

Mary B,
    Glad my box arrived in 1 piece, I was not worried, it was not going very far & I packed as many peanuts in it as I could get to cushion it:) Jo's Plant Swap will be June 25th 2005, She will have to tell you the time.

Melissa,
    When is your flower show? Taking pic's to share with us? Hope you have a great time:)
    My neighbor pitches a tent through out the winter, Now that's NUTS!!! Nice warm bed in the house & he sleeps in a tent in the yard, & to think he is a teacher:) It's funny to see 2 feet of snow & his little tent set up, hmmm maybe his wife is not as nice as I think she is:)

Shirley,
    I have laughed many times about you sneaking in the bedroom:) See I have this mastered, My Birthday is in may, so I just tell him I want Daylilies for my birthday, Any order that comes in April-May he don't get mad about, Then our anniversary is in August, do you know that is the best time to plant iris in NY, Yep on top of the Dune Lane order, I have Daylilies from Henry Fields coming in May & Iris Coming in August, Works like a charm every year:)
    A BIG YES, on Rhett & Black Gamecock, I will look up Professor Paul, Oh I bet my sister would want that for her BIL's memory garden, Paul passed away 1 1/2 years ago to cancer, She has been trying to get any plant with the name Paul in it. Dawson is so cute, I see a canning ring in his hand, starting him out right off the bat, way to go:) I hope little D gets some hair soon, Dawson's looks so full & thick,

Well, I better get going & see what trouble I can get into today, Hope I did not miss anyone, If I did, I am sorry:( Remember I am not perfect:)Anita

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

HI gys, yes Gloria sign me up with Mary. I understand about the busy stuff. My box is going to JO tomorrow, it is packed and ready.

Joey I have some asiatics up. My Kiss me Kate always bloom first, they are on the south side of the house.

I bought a few seeds yesterday I don't have much luck with seeds but I am going to try. I got pink Cleome, Red Cardinal Climber and a few others I can't think of.

Also was it Melissa that was looking for plants for postage last year???? If any of you want this stuff has reseeded like crazy
    Forgive my spelling!!
    Artisma - can't think of the name it is the varigaeted-I can send a picture it is up. I only have a few of these
    Unnammed Campanula-dark purple flower
    Monarda-it is either lavendar or pink
    Spearmint
    Purple coneflower
    Like I said this stuff really reseeds.
    I will add more stuff as it grows. I will probally be thinning these out in 3-4 weeks

I only have ordered 12 Daylilys so far this year.

I want to know what all of you do with all of the seeds you start????? Like I said I have bad luck with seeds. I was going to try and turn my basement into a grow room and I never got it cleaned out! :o( So I will try my few seeds.

take care
    Angie

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

Agnie it WAS me! I would love to do those for postage!!! I have lots of room for new goodies. Let me know and I will send postage. If you don't have any luck with the cleome let me know. I should have a ton of it this year (fingers are crossed).

shirley he is too cute!

too much to do today :(
    MELISSA

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

GOOD MORNING GANG,

Anita,
    Send me a list of what seeds you are enamored of. I will send you the B-day list as soon as I am done here.

Angie,
    See if you can get some of the seed starting mix I posted about above-BM1 it is great stuff, made by Berger, a little pricey, but well worth it. Then do the winter sowing method. Go to the Winter sowing forum here and read up on it. It works great and you get lots of plants to keep or trade.

Shirley,
    he is precious. Just a cutie, gonna be a heartbreaker.

Canna,
    Love the little stepstool. Can't see the other pic though, red X.

Dawn,
    Really pretty pic. Do you have close neighbors? I can imagine them wondering why you are outside at midnight in a snowstorm taking a pic of your front steps. (grin)
    Of course, being a gardener, they are used to you being out and doing unusual things. I know my neighbors think nothing of it anymore. They just call me the garden guru, and wait to see what the end result is,No matter what I am up to.

Gay,
    Replied to your e-mail, hope you got it.

Angie,
    I sent you an e-mail also, hope you got it.

Gloria,
    Did you get any canned air? I took my own advice, I hadn't done it in a while. WOW was my keyboard a mess. The stuff that came out of it was unreal. It is working much better now.

Anyone else want seeds? Look at the list above. I need to get them packed for shipment on Tues.

Well, gotta get moving.
    EVERYONE, have a fantastic day,

Jo

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all! I've lost 2 more lbs!

Melissa, finally got my keyboard working again, LOL!

Well darn, where did my second pic go? I'll try again:

{{gwi:1244692}}

Had the taxes done yesterday and was relieved that we are actually going to get a return. DH has to pay his own taxes when he works with his Mom and stepdad's DL nursery.
    Doug and I had a long talk about me getting my business license and actually getting paid to do websites, LOL! I used to work at home and do contract work with a local company, but they couldn't keep me busy enough for me to even fool with it. I have grand ideas, I now just need to get to working on it and get er done!

Spent the evening at the Blue and Gold Banquet for my DS cubscout troop. Had yummy BBQ and splurged on cake! The older boyscouts made cakes on a fire in big stock pots, forgot what they were called. I ate cherry chocolate cake hot off the fire, Y-U-M!!! We sat in the back near the restrooms for DD to go potty. She went like 4 times and stayed dry! She kept coming out of the restroom hopping and singing "I did it!". Got a few chuckles from the crowd, LOL!

Shirley, Dawson is a cutie! He will be following you around in the garden in no time and picking dandelions for you.

Anita, gosh hope your feeling better! Carbon monoxide is nothing to play around with! Mom has gas in her house and I am always concerned for her, especially with the stove. Two of my brothers eat lunch with her during the week on their lunch break, so that is the only time she uses the stove to cook. They make sure she has the eyes turned off properly.

Marea, yep the seeds gave it away, LOL!

I have some winter sowing seeds sprouting, sedum and veronica. I put all my WS this year in a two shelf greenhouse I bought at Big Lots last fall ($10!) Bought a gardenia on clearance a few months ago and put it on the top shelf and it is doing well outside.

Now, if only I could water and fertilize the little greenhouse and have it grow into a really big one...

Dawn, did you get my email on Friday? The variegated Calathea you sent me is just beautiful right now and such a great plant! I have it by my front door and the door is only open on warmish days. So, it does not get alot of light and it is still putting out leaves and has grown two new plants. I have lost a few plants over the winter and it just makes me ill.

Joey post some pics of your bloomers! *grin* Your flowers, that is.

Here are some hellebores blooming at the moment:

{{gwi:1244693}}

This one is hellebore foetidus with green blooms and red lipstick edge. I let it go to seed last year and have one year seedlings to dig up if anyone is interested.

{{gwi:1244695}}

THE END.

~ Canna

• mareas
    19 years ago

Happy 22 days until Spring!

Canna - I LOVE your illustrated novelettes!! Including Maleah's adorable "I did it!" adventures. Please don't stop...

Shirley - thanks for sharing the photo of darling Dawson, too. Makes me want to just SMOOCH those happy, chubby cheeks...

Jean - Post more photos of your bird bird? And you didn't like the name "Verde"?

Dawn - I really appreciated seeing your midnight sparkling snow. Jo's comment about your neighbors made me remember the lady walking past my yard while I was out with my camera the other day, saying to her companion: "Oh, LOOK! She takes their little pictures, too!" Cracked me up. I guess us gardeners with digital cameras are a bit out of the main stream...

I've been trying to educate myself about the various bulb species this week, but I always end up looking at daylilies - and now 2 MORE are coming to live with me - but I just HAD to have 'Asian Artistry' and 'Arabian Magic'!

Regarding our March swap: Except for Angie & Mary B, our partners are supposed to be secret until we get our boxes and post what we received...Remember, G. said there are PRIZES involved!

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone
    I have been so busy. I need a break. Another storm on the way. It will start at midnight and is supposed to dump 8 inches or so. Enough is enough. I'm ready to fly south, lol.

Marea, I didn't know that (about the Canna). Thank you! Saw 'Phaison' in the Plant Delight's catalog and was going to order it.
    Glad you liked my "sparkling snow". I seem to take my camera everywhere with me anymore. Sure, I may look like a nut in the grocery store with a camera hanging around my neck, but I don't care. : )

Canna, Yes, I received the email, but my Hotmail account has me boiling mad. It hasn't been working right 'till this morning. It wasn't letting me send anything out. I tried to send a reply to you, but it vanished (I think, unless you got it). I will retype it.
    Glad your Calathea is doing well. Mine is okay, but needs repotted. I saw a HUGE one yesterday at Giant Eagle for $19.99.
    I love Hellebore foetidus! Gorgeous! I would gladly give a seedling a very good home. I had a Hellebore that grew for 2 years, then died. I'm not sure why. I thought it was in a good location.

Shirley, Dawson is a cutie-patootie. I'll bet he loves his grandma!

Anita, anything for you. : ) I'll get it somehow.

Jo, thanks for the email. And for the compliment on my pic. Unfortunately, yes, my neighbors are pretty close. They drive me crazy, so I try to be as wierd as I can. Funny you mentioned that 'cause the moment I snapped that picture I thought "anyone that saw me would think I was totally out of my mind for taking a picture of my steps at midnight". With the next storm looming, I may be out there again tonight. Hee hee.

Angie, besides the greenhouse, I start seeds in my basement and every spare windowsill I have. I have about 15 flourescent lights in my basement with plants everywhere. One thing I find very important is adequate air circulation. Be sure to have a fan running in the room. I use an oscillating fan on the Low setting. It's also helpful to put a humidity dome (plastic bag will work fine) over the freshly sown seeds. This will keep the soil from drying out. As soon as you see sprouts, remove.
    And as Jo mentioned, a good, soil-less mix is key.
    Yes, and winter-sowing too! Check it out. I start "millions" of seeds, so let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to help.

Speaking of seeds, I'm going to try to finish up my organization project. It's taking longer than I imagined. I'll have pics when it's done.

Happy Sunday, ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Ok, it is almost spring and as a devoted daylilly addict, I want to be a part of this group, is it not time to invite some of us sitting on the out side drooling ?I have about 150 named daylillies and at least that in named crosses of seeds I am starting. please let me in ?as you can see I am potty trained

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Ok Everyone,
    I have been sending this out to everyone who contacted me, I thought I would also put it here for all my daylily friends.

PLANT SWAP 2005

WHEN- Saturday June 25th., 2005
    WHERE- 4087 State Route 14A Reading Center, N.Y.
    TIME- 12:00 noon-until

Bring a dish to pass,
    If your last name begins with A-K -Main Dish
    L-T - Salad
    U-Z - Dessert
    I will supply all beverages, plates, napkins and tableware. There will be some doorprizes, and seed "grab bags" If you would like to supply some seed grab bags and/or a doorprize, PLMK.
    Please make sure all your plants are potted or packaged so the roots are protected. You may bring as many plants as wish, 1 or 100, or anything in between. Also, please make sure they are healthy and as pest free as possible. Thank you. I will need you to let me know you are coming no later than June 4th. I will be alloting space, and i will have to have all my info.
    Trading will not begin until 1:00, that way it will give everyone time to get here and get set up. You can look at all the plants available and then make your trades. That way, no one is left out.
    If there is enough interest, we may go to a couple of the local nurseries (15-20 min. drive) I have a perennial nursery, an Iris Hybridizer, and a daylily nursery nearby. LMK. Any questions, please send me an e-mail
    Please put "Plant Swap 2005" in the subject box

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

How far is it from Arkansas to New York? WAAHHH! I wanna come too. I've been dying to see Jo and Anita and everybody else who lives around there. I wanna meet "LIL D" and snuggle with him. Can we take up a collection for my ticket cuz I sure can't drive that far? A caravan coming by here? lol I sure would love to be there. I know it will be loads of fun. Nancy

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Nancy - I want to go too. If we lived closer to each other we could drive together. I have always wanted to go to NY. I went as far as Hershey, Pa. - Went to the candy factory. Found it interesting that a candy bar is never touched by human hands until we buy them and open them ourselves. All done by machines.

Dawn - Happy Sunday to you too. But, alas it is almost gone now.

Gloria - We need to let veejall join the group. Please look into it. I have done several group secret pals with her.

Jo - I have you down for all three la irises, I have wore gilbert h. wildes sight out, I have changed my mind 3 times. I will decide soon I promise.

Canna - Love the pictures of your flowers. Put me down for some hellebore foetious. I love green flowers. It will go with my green goddess calla and green wizard rudbeckia. I can see it now Maleah & Coty's famous paintings one day and I can say I saw them painting a potty stool. That stool is adorable.

Anita - Dawson has enough hair to give babyD. He's going for his 3rd haircut this week. That is so funny about how you do your plants with Birthdays, Anniversaries and etc. I have done the exact same thing. I guess we ladies don't miss many tricks. I have lots of la iris professor paul if your sister wants some. I can mail it with yours. The canning ring in Dawson's hand is what he wants to play with. He will choose kitchen things over toys.

Mareas - I do kiss Dawson's cheeks constantly. I can't keep my hands off him. My daughter was put on antibiotics and they killed the pill so we got Dawson. His sister is 15 years old. Thanks goodness for those antibiotics.

Love you guys, it's back to the slave job tomorrow.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1244697}}
    First sign of Spring - Daffodils

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Where is everyone???? Am I the sole poster for the last day of February?

Shirley, your Daffs are lovely. This is the only thing i've got poking out of the ground right now.
    My blue glass mushrooms:

The storm is just staring to kick in here. It started this morning around 6am as rain, but we've got ourselved a full-fledged storm now. I was out playing with my camera. These are the woods behind my house. Thought they looked pretty.

And my big ol' wagon wheel...

I took lots more, but I don't want to clog up everyone's computers.

MamaG, where ya' at? Did you get that keyboard working yet?

Susan, put down those cleaning supplies! It's time for a break. Well, unless you'd like to come help me do my pantry and curtains. That's what I'm working on right now. The pantry is getting a total re-organization, and my curtains are such a pain. They need ironed real good after they are washed, and it takes forever!
    Are you seeing any signs of Spring in your yard?

Jo, I sure hope I can come to the swap. Life is so crazy in the summer, but I am going to try to work it in. If I can't make it, I hope to be able to at least contribute with something.

Hi veeja11. Being potty trained is a plus around here, right Canna??!!

Gay, thank you, thank you for getting and sending the Daylilies!!!!

Many of you Daylilies haven't posted in a while, and I just wanted to say that I hope all is well.

I'm so glad tomorrow is March. I will spend most of the month with dirt up to my armpits. Lots of seeds to start, and I need to get busy. I've got so many wonderful things to try (mostly from trades) and I will have lots to share with you all.

Jean, how is birdie? DH said "she should call him Colonel, or Sargeant, or something". Obviously, he is thinking military. I still like Verde.

Speaking of birdies, mine want to play, so it's time to go.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Hi All,
    Quick check in, I have been in the basement working my butt off all day & will be again tomorrow, Time to gear up for spring, It is coming right???????
    Big storm, with what's coming I expect to be without electric at some point tomorrow,
    I will get the new list with Birthdays on it out to everyone in the next few day's. Love all the new pic's..

Jo,
    I'm a sucker for any plant you know that, so don't make me decide:)

Veeja11(Carol)
    I am sending that E-mail as promised as soon as I post this, Sure hope Gloria & all agree to let you on board,:) Scratch that, I just sent her the E-mail:)

Mamma G,
    If you did not receive an E-mail from me regarding Veeja11 Please let me know & I will give you a call tomorrow,

Off to find something to watch have a great night everyone, :)Anita

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Dawn,
    I won't let you be the only one posting on the last day of Feb. I love the picture of your wagon wheel, it should be on a postcard. That is definetely a beautiful picture.
    Where is everybody? Snowed in.
    Shirley

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

snowed in here :( kids got sprung from school early and they are already scheduled for 2 hours late tomorrow. It has been snowing pretty hard since 11:00am. They are still calling for 12-18". Getting to work tomorrow should be FUN!!!

Dawn the seeds arrived today. Andy is going to plant them tomorrow while he is waiting 2 extra hours for his bus. He sends Thanks! His yellow cherry tomatoes have started to sprout so he is starting to feel like an acomplished gardener.

Jammie Time!!
    MELISSA

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

BBBRRRRRRR!!!! Winter is back! Ack, Not as bad as Dawn and Melissa but it is cold. We just had flurries off and on.

I think next weekend I will try and start some of my seeds. I saw in a magazine article you can put some in egg shells with the seed mix, when it's time to put outside you just crumble the shell a little bit. I might try a few of those.

Will check in later this week.

Take care
    Angie

• User
    19 years ago

12 inches of snow. Department of Health annual survey at work. Hoo Boy, the day begins.

Stay warm, my friends.

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Morning everyone,

Still snowing here. Got about a foot right now, and according to the local news we are getting the heaviest snow fall of all the counties. Aren't we lucky?

Nancy,
    We sure wish you could come too. Remember, I still have that spare room.

Shirley,
    thank you, and you still have time to wear out GHW, I will be calling in the order on the 8th, so you can continue to drool , just not on the keyboard, it makes the keys stick. AHA!!!, now we know what is wrong with "G's" Keyboard. Hey Mamma G, clean the drool out, and you should be good to go.
    And you are more than welcome to come to my swap. It isn't all that far really. Our son was in the Marines, and stationed at Camp Lejuene, we made the trip there many times to vist. We love NC.Always said if we were ever to move it would be to there. Not that we ever will. I plan on being buried under all my flower beds. (grin)That way, if whoever gets my house doesn't take care of them properly, I can haunt them. (big grin) Seriously though, we would love it if you could come.
    I have already warned Anita that I will be on her doorstep at the crack of dawn that day, so she can come over and help me set everything up, cause this is her swap too.
    If anyone is coming LMK and I can give you directions to my front door.

Dawn,
    It sure would be great if you could come, I would love to meet my "seed addict" buddy. Actually, I wish EVERYONE could come, it would be so fantastic to get our little group together in person. What a blast it would be. Love your pics, they are so pretty.

More WS today, at least with that I can PRETEND spring is coming.

Also, DD b-day today. Not much of a b-day though. No one will be able to get here for it. We had to pick on her a few years ago, when she turned 25, we told her she could now be classified as an antique.And she was now a quarter of a century. Haven't thought of what to pick on for 29 though. Will have to give it some thought.

Have a wonderful (snowy) day everyone.Hope I didn't miss anyone,

Jo

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Jo - My son was also in the Marines and stationed at Camp Lejuene. Let's see he has been out now 3 years. When was your son there? He did get re-called when the war in Iraq broke out. They snatched him right out of college. He went back to camp Lejune for 6 months then got out again (back in college now).
    It would be neat if they know each other.
    Shirley

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

A snowy morning to you all!

Where the hootie did spring go??????

The snow is about 12 hairs deep here, LOL! But, boy is it coming down now with high winds. The news is reporting wrecks everywhere with icy bridges.

{{gwi:1244703}}

This is my snowy contribution. DD immediately had to put on her snowboots to take DS to school. We haven't had a decent snow in about 5 years. DD looked out the window and asked where the snowmen were.

Speaking of snow, I lost my only cutting of my brug, snowbank! It rooted then punked out on me. Hopefully the main plant that I left in the ground will come back.

Was going to post last night, but was in a foul mood. There are just days when everything goes wrong. One of them is the washer going out. It is making this sick-cow-mating noise. Why is it that when I try to get ahead in the wallet that something tears up?

Dawn, Shirley I have you both down for some hellebore babies.

Shirley, my daffs are about to bloom. I noticed tulips coming up yesterday.

Veeja11, have we done a trade before? You sound familiar. What is your real name? PLEASE tell us you have a first name. We have one gal here that doesn't know hers OR her birthday :). Potty training is not required, but you must have a good heart that is open, loving and generous. Otherwise, we would drive you nuts. AND, you must post at least once a week or we will send a possie out to find you.

Ok, the sun is out now.

I must go do something productive.

~ Canna

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi Shirley,

He got out in 2000, so they would have been there at the same time. There are approx. 35,000 marines stationed there at any given time. Thats not very many when you consider that most army posts have over 100,000. So, they may have met. Sons name is Aaron, what is your sons name and I can ask Aaron the next time we talk. It would be just too cool if they did know each other. That would be awesome.

Off to send out your seeds.
    have a good one,
    Jo

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Oops, almost forgot,

Canna,
    I would LOVE some of each of your hellebores. I am working on a green garden. Right now, I have about 5 green flowering plants languishing in with all the other colors. I am hoping to get enough to make it actually look like a garden of its own, When I do, then I will make the bed and move them.
    BTW, if you and DD would like snow, Anita and I would be DELIGHTED to share, wouldn't we Anita. I have over a foot now and it is still coming down. I am sure I wouldn't miss a couple (several) inches.(grin)
    take care,

Jo

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Hi All,
    Just taking a break from the basement & thought I would check in.

Canna,
    Ditto on the Hellebores, I would love to have some, if you can find anything from me you would like:)

No End In Sight!!!!! Weather dorks, say snow the rest of the week, My snow contribution,
    {{gwi:1244704}}

Charles Grimaldie, making me forget about all the snow outside
    {{gwi:1244705}}
    Well back to the basement for me, still have a lot of work to do & need to enjoy the smell of that bloom, Poor thing does not realize it should be sleeping with the rest of them,
    If anyone has a Janet Reno Brug, I would love to trade, I lost mine:(
    Have a great day all, :)Anita

• mareas
    19 years ago

Happy March everyone! Here's my pot of 'Nosferatu' just outside my front door: {{gwi:1244706}}

Wow, you military moms - small world, isn't it?

Gloria's 'puter really went kaput beyond a stuck keyboard- she emailed me from her son's house & hopes to be back online SOON!

Been busy here with online auctions - people are buying for Spring now, I tell ya! (Like we aren't?)

Veeja was generous and fun in a seed swap I participated in last year...

Take heart, all, only 20 days until Spring! Marea

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Mamma G?????,
    E-mail said to check post???? I see nothing????
    E-mail went out to all about Veeja11, Please read it as G gave 48 hours for any response.

Off to the basement again:)Anita

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Hello everyone! You girls out east can just keep the snow there. Cool pics, Dawn! It is cold here but we only had snow flurries yesterday. Most of the old snow is gone. Remember what they say about March...In like a lion...Out like a lamb. We can hope for that, right?

Marea: Those are sure pretty little flowers!

Anita: I love your Brug. I had to do a double take...I have some pots just like that. Usually have hostas in mine though!

Canna: If you have any hellebore seedlings left save me a few too. I think some of them are hardy through zone 4? Maybe in a sheltered spot? Maybe you know? I just hate it when my washing machine breaks down! Cute pic of the little "artists" painting the step stool! ??Like mother like daughter/son???

In our local shopper yesterday one of the stores showed a really cool arbor/bench for the garden "on sale". I went to check it out and they did not have one on display, so I asked a clerk. She must have thought I was crazy asking for that in Feb! Said I should check back in a few weeks!I must have spring fever bad!

I got the seeds Shirley! I am anxious to try them!Thanks!What a cutie your Dawson is!

Gloria: Sorry about all your computer woes!

Well I better get busy here...laundry and cleaning to do. MaryS

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

CHECK OUT THIS SITE:

TESTPREPREVIEW.COM

rm

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

ohmygosh

Iamback
    and
    i do
    notcare
    thatthe
    keys
    stick
    i missed
    you
    all
    so
    much
    lifewithout
    dsl
    isnot

worthit
    sorryGOD
    wasajoke
    Imissedyouall
    reading
    theposts
    was
    reading
    agreat
    book
    yes
    our
    newsest person is a go someone emailher
    and
    let
    her
    know
    shes
    funny
    potty
    trained!
    please
    sendaddressinformation
    anddoes
    shewant
    tobe
    inmarchswap
    sendherrules
    send
    'menew
    key
    board

i
    missed
    you

yes,anita
    bulbsleft
    letmeknow
    i will
    sosendthemtoyougirl

youknowthat

youhaveperfect
    credit
    with
    me

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    angie....
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhangie............
    marywassupposetobeyoursecretpartner...
    secret
    secret
    secret
    lets
    see
    howcan
    sheredeam
    herself????
    ok
    sendmamabearsomethingpurplethat smells good!
    yes,thistimeisforprizes!!!!!! werebacktoit!

Iwill

try to get new boardtoday?????orcan of air....this must be a pinfor you all

i want to type alot......but i will wait!

want to reach thru computerandgrab thatbabys cheecs....sooooooooo cute!gottagogetdaufhter in law antis!

emailis up and running!
    email me any time now.....but i just may answer back!

xoxoxoxox

itsnowed here yesterday.......jaye???????

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Have mercy, woman! Get your fanny to Wally world and buy yourself a $20 keyboard!

~Canna