SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

4100 send a daylily get a daylily 4100!!!

cannahavana
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of bulbs and goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Guess I'll get another one started!

We are currently doing a March secret bulb swap.

Off to play baseball!

~ Canna

Comments (100)

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi everyone
    Wow, it's amazing what 40 degrees will do to ya'. I've been cleaning windows, putting up new curtains, scrubbing this, scrubbing that. Then I put up some Easter things. I'm having so much fun enjoying the wonderful feeling of SPRING! So nice to put all my snowmen away!

Canna, your Daffs are lovely! Very nice pic. I can't wait 'till mine start...won't be long. What a bummer, about the website. Hope you get everything back in order without too much trouble.

I felt so good about meeting my elderly neighbor the other day, but was heartsick this morning at 4a.m. I have ANOTHER elderly neighbor that I've never met or spoke to. I woke up to go for my run, and saw a funny flashing light when I came downstairs. Looked out the window and saw an ambulance at her house. Shortly after that, they brought her out on a stretcher and took her away. I've been so sad all day......I hope she is okay. She is the type of lady that never comes outside, only to sweep her porch every now and again. I'd love for her to come home happy and healthy so I can go meet her too!

Anita, I'm soooo glad you liked your March box. I'm even happier that you didn't have 'Stuggart'! I thought that 2 of our bulbs were supposed to be surprises, which is why I didn't give you the names. But I guess I could tell you if you really want to know...
    Oh, and tell your DH to share some of those goodies with you, lol.

Susan, hope your mom is doing okay, and know that she is in my prayers. Same goes for Colleen, Patty, and Donna.

Jean, how is sweet little "Bird Bird"?

rm, so glad to have you back!

Nancy, enjoy your trip. It's so nice to see family after such a long time.

Oh shoot....DH is home and calling for my help. He's backing a trailer into the driveway with the Bobcat loaded on it.......I hope he didn't run over any of my emerging bulbs!!!!!

Had more to say, and some exciting news.....so I'll be back later..

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Hey you guys who got the limelight artemisia from me go to the garden photo forum and look at Jain's. It's gorgeous with the purple in the background. Remember, if those don't make it holler back and me and I'll have plenty more and will just send you some.

Canna, love your daffs.

Gay, will say a prayer for your friend and hope she does make it back to work. Never give up!

Dawn, prayers will go up for your neighbor too that she may come home and get to meet her very sweet neighbor!

DH is calling, gotta skedaddle.

Nancy

• Related Discussions

4200 get a named daylily, send a name daylily 4200

Q

Comments (100)
    Evening all! Just got back from baseball practice...DD is orange from head to toe from the clay. DS happy, he got to play second base. It was 84° today! Hello? Where did spring go? I will NOT complain. It is suppose to rain here for the next 3 days. My truck's air conditioner has leaked all of the coolant out so now I gotta get that fixed. We had awful storms here Sunday evening and into the night. I hate storms during the night. Glad ya'll liked my bunny family portrait. Anita, I wasn't 'wide open' this time, LOL! I took my Sago kitty back to the vet this morning for a check up. He is healing well. After the swelling went down, I saw puncture wounds on the back of his head, like the bottom teeth went inside the ear and the upper teeth got the top of his head. Whatever bit him had a big mouth. I got his shots updated today too. When I took him out of his carrier, I found that he had pooped all over himself, GAG! So, I had to clean him up the best I could before he could be examined. Then I had to hold him down with all my strength for the shots. I struggled to get him back in the carrier and turned around to talk to the vet, plus keep up with DD. The carrier flips off the exam table and lands upside down with the cat inside!!! I freaked! I turn it back over and pick it up, turning beet red and appologizing to the kitty. The vet then said that he landed feet first, and that he had never seen that happen. The carrier has a big crack on the top now and the vet tried to sell me a new one, LOL! I paid the bill and slunked out of there. The good news of the day is I found a variegated Hoya compacta at Lowes! 6 inch pot stuffed full for, get this, $5! Oh, Jo, I found Iris confusa yesterday!!! A nursery out in California had a similar Iris for sale, so I emailed them asking about it and they said that they had confusa, just not listed because they did not have enough. They sold me two pots! The website is allthingsiris.com. Terri is SUPER! All the prices on the website includes shipping. Angie, I have the code for Brecks somewhere and will email it to you. Deni, have to tell you about the fern you sent me. I had potted it up when I first got it and last week I decided it was ok to plant out in my shade garden and I found poison ivy growing in it, LOL! Good thing I am not allergic to it! Get well soon! I hope everyone that has anything gets better. Spring is here, it is not time to have the crud! I have to mention also that I got a phone call from G this afternoon. I'm telling ya, as soon as I answered, I could tell you were a California girl and not from this neck of the woods! Flu and all. You did sound rough and I hope you get to feeling better. And, ya'll, she talks just like she types, mispellings and all, j/k! I brake for yard sales! I had just mentioned to my son while we were out yesterday that it is about time for them, and all I got was a big groan out of him. Melissa, great news for your DD! Diabetes is a scary thing to have to deal with. I'll be starting the next thread in a bit. ~Canna
    ...See More

4300 get a named daylily, send a name daylily 4300

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi everyone, A beautiful day here also - sunny and in the 50's. Cleaned up and cut back most of the garden this past week. Daylilies are popping up everywhere! First of all, I, MaryB, do hereby solemnly swear that I will send my April partner a box or I am out of this swap for the next month and three years after that (cross my heart). YES G., I WANT IN! Secondly, I am very sad that it has now been TWO WEEKS since my March partner has received her bunny box (according to delivery confirmation), and has not posted or emailed me. I really felt I went above and beyond to make a nice box and include extras and have not even heard if she likes it. Yep, just very disappointed. Sorry, just had to say it... Thirdly, I just have to tell you all that I was VERY BAD on ebay yesterday - bought 9 new daylilies (5 of them Spacecoasts), some oriental lilies, and a hosta book. Can't wait for it all to come! Okay, now on to belated birthday wishes to Marea and Janet - so sorry I missed you on your special days - hope they were wonderful! Janet, I also am so sorry to hear of your loss of your sister. I hope you are finding peace in special memories. Marea, I am so sad to say that I lost one of the cannas from you over winter - my favorite - LePoupre. If you will be dividing and have extra this year, please let me know and maybe we can trade. YOU KNOW there's others I'd like too! Or, if you will be listing any on ebay, please give me a heads up so I can bid. Did I read that you're looking for sedums? I will be moving many of mine to a new location within the next week or so and will gladly split for you - let me know - I have Autumn Joy, Autumn Fire, Neon, Stardust, Purple Emperor, Lidakense, Rosy Glow, Clown. Maybe others - that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Dawn, Carmichael is beautiful! I hope you can get him to stick around and be a part of your family. Our pair of Canadian Geese are back. We get the same pair back every year. They always nest and raise their babies on the island of our pond every year. It's good to see them back! Well, I need to get something done today so better go. Take care, Mary
    ...See More

4600 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Now were did I leave off, I see I covered Nancy twice, Jo, Now sweet innocent Jo, DO YOU THINK I DID NOT LOOK AT THOSE WONDERFUL ROCKS YOU PAINTED & WONDERED WHY I DON'T HAVE 1- NOT 1, NOT EVEN A 1/2 OF 1. OK I am done yelling at you :) I feel better. I know I told you CONGRATULATIONS for your new venture, inspired by David's Daylilies over the phone, But thought I would tell you again, I cant wait. Oh I am so looking forward to May 14th, Hey how far away would that be for Mary B??? MARY B. PLANT SWAP!!!!!! I forgot were. Janet, I am glad to know all went well with your DD wisdom tooth removal, My DS has to have the same thing done, Now I'm not saying he is a baby, but at 21 he will not go do it unless I go with him:) Angie, Thanks for the heads up on the Co-op, but after what I have already spent this year on Daylilies, I better slow down a bit before DH is having me replaced, & He cant do that cuz I am so looking forward to our 25 wedding anniversary, He wonders why I am working so hard in my flower's, I think in 4 years I should have things just the way I want them, 7 Yep renew our vow's, right were over the last few years have watched as other people have gotten married. Gay, Hope you get your computer figured out, I know you will send one way or the other:) Mine ticked me off so bad earlier, I had almost everyone covered 7 for some unknown reason, BUMP Off Line I Go, Oh I hate that, Did you E-mail Susan? I think someone better if you didn't, it has been a LONG time. Cindy, I know I posted to you earlier, & as I was just coming back, I see Jo saying sorry to you, I too missed it, I am very sorry your Gramma passed away, Wish I could give you a big hug & help you weed to make you feel better:) Dianne, OK, now I know this pneumonia crap has messed with my head, but for the life of me I cant remember who is getting married at your house, Is this the first for you? I think it gets easier each time, We are thinking about renting out for wedding's, Wedding's only not party's. Oh man I will have to come back again another call I have to take, :)Anita
    ...See More

4900!!! Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Hello all, Got a few pictures to share...Yea I got it figured out. Isn't it kewl..love my garden junk..lol...DH felt sorry for me..Ya see I was working and fell and kinda of hurt a rib and my fore arm..Really really nice bruising going on..Not to worry with a few meds all is fine..as long as the meds don't wear off..LOL..Trellis is what your looking at by the way..the black rod iron..he sanded,painted and put it together for me..Have an clematis going up it ..hopefully I just love this..Hopeing to grow some tpye of vine up this too..so it looks like an umbrella..Please don't look at the mess behind it..Was a deck there..took it out last year and haven't gotten around to do anything there yet.Heve to move my close line and then move around alot of the gardens..Then just put down some slate..ya ya thats all..LOL and YES I want my close line BACK.. Sorry this isn't the best picture..first time it's bloomed for me.Only know it as an Trout lily. Yes we behind all of you..thats zone 4..LOL Can't you just smell them..Hummm..spring..=) Anita ..Hugs hun...hope all works out for you.. LOVE,just love the window.Now just have to figure out where I can put one..=) Pictures are great..love seeing everyones gardens and blooms.
    ...See More
  • tropsanddune
    19 years ago

THANK YOU, JOEY, DAWN AND OTHERS THAT DO CARE, AND KEEP ON CARING FOR SOME ONE...OLD PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL WANTED.

ALL OF US, WILL GO THROUGH THE OLD LADY, OLD MAN SYNDROME.
    BELIEVE ME (I'M GOING THRU THAT ALSO) WHEN YOUR KIDS, FAMILY,(inserting coma in here, just like what i learned for that test) AND FRIENDS, JUST GIVE LIP SERVICE TO "I'LL SEE YA LATER" AND YOU JUST WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT....and nothing happens.....IT TARES YOU APART.

G- thanks for sending us in the search for ourselves, yep, what you (we) are doing for others NOW, it's just what others will do for us, it will take a while, but the gift will keep on giving.

My March Swap----ohhhhhhhhhhhh, my goodness.....i'm still making notes...what will s/he want, what does s/he like, what will i give s/he? My, oh, my......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

WHEN YOU GET IT I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.....OH, OH, OH, THE QUEST IS, WHEN WILL I GET MY STAMPS...I JUST RAN OUT.....OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........

grasshoppa

HEY, CANNA, JANET, HOW DO I INSERT EMOTIONS :) SO THEY WILL COME OUT WITH THE LITTLE FACES..OR TWINKLY OR SOMETHANG...

KY????-----MY DAUGHTERS BF'S FAM LIVES IN ASHLAND...HOW FAR IS THAT FROM YA...

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everyone

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

anita you get up toooo early!

rm your friend is in my prayers....you are up too late!

susan so are you, dan, patty, and all the furry friends

off to work this week is going fast..com'om spring!

MELISSA

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good afternoon everyone. beautiful day we have here and I cannot stand sitting in my office. I want to be outside playing!!!!!!!!!!!
    I jsut order more lilies! LOL
    Rebrum Album
    Samur
    Altari (orienpet)
    Touching (orientpet)
    VisaVersa (orientpet)
    Red Dutch( orienpet
    Casa Blanca
    Aubade
    Mojave LOL Then there is the 25+ that I ordered from B&D lilies and the 15 I am getting from Brent and Beckys! LOL I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need flowers! I went to the wholesale florist with a friend just so I could buy some stargazer lilies for the house. I need that scent and that happiness they bring to me.
    Making up my secret partners box this weekend, and getting several trades ready to be sent out this week. Take care and enjoy today. Joey

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Well, once again I am racing the clock. I've been so busy, but I wanted to take time to wish you all a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

My exciting news that I didn't have a chance to tell you yesterday is that I am getting a new baby!!! Bird, that is. The little one is coming home tomorrow. I have all these "big birds", and wanted to adopt a smaller sized bird to live in my office. It's a baby Zebra finch, who's mother is pure white. Finches are social birds and don't really like to live alone, so I plan to find a "friend" for it in the next few months. I have it's new home all set up and ready, now I just need a name. I can't wait!!!!

Jean, how is your new baby and have you decided on a name? I'd love to see more pics.

Do any of you grow Oxalis? I found the most gorgeous one today. The leaves are very dark burgundy. It didn't have a tag, so I don't know it's name.

Well, I've got to get back to work.

Have a great evening and don't drink too much green beer!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Hi All,

I am feeling better, thank you to everyone.

Dawn,
    My DD has the same one, it is called,"Purpurascens" oxalis acetosella. That is on it's tag. Hope that helps.I will pray your neighbor comes home and you both become great friends. What color is your new baby, is she white like her mamma? If so, how about "Shiva" (goddess of ice)

Shirley,
    I do have some nice crosses. I have 3 seeds in each pot, in the pot of "Intrigue" I have a green seedling, a green seedling with a red edge, and a burgundy seedling, I have a couple others with different colors as well. I am so excited, I can't wait.

Gay,
    Will say a prayer for your friend as well.

Hi Anita,
    Remember, May 14, mark it on your calender and start saving your money girl.Give my adorable little nephew a big hug and a kiss for me.

Nancy,
    I have artemesia limelight too, it is just beautiful. I collect artemesias. I lost my artemesia "brocade", I will have to get a new one sometime soon. I have 6 different ones at the moment, and I hope to get more this year.

Joey,
    Step away from the lilies. Take two pieces of chocolate and lie down for an hour.You got it bad. I do know how you feel though. Have it in your heart for us northern gardeners. At least you are able to dig in your gardens, and plant things, we still have SNOW on the ground and it is cold here.

Canna,
    Love the pic of your daffs. And yes, you may borrow my rubber glove anytime you feel like it. I am not using it at the moment.

"G"
    You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy them. I just love starting things from seed. Something so satisfying when the little green shoots appear.Make sure you "chill" them. They need stratifying to produce. Put the package in a ziploc bag, and put it in your crisper drawer for about 2-3 weeks. Or, do the WS method if it will still be chilly enough where you are to be between 30 and 40 degrees for 2-3 weeks. After chilling, they should pop right up for you when planted.

RM,
    Tell them we all want daylilies in our rooms,(whole plants, not bouquets,grin) Oh yeah, and some of those nice Godiva chocolates in the shape of daylilies LOL

Well, everyone have a good night, I am off to veg for a bit, then bed.

Jo

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Got my box off to my pal today, hope she likes it.

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

bad news....no new board...

good news......I am alive!

You all are soooooooooooooooofunny!

ah canna.....add those daffs to my pholx box...

ahhhhhhh joey... how many casablacas did you order....HONEY?
    grin

jo, thanks for telling me about those seeds, I did not know that!

Susan... if your reading this......I am seeing light with DD!

Thanks anita for all work on BD's and and adress list! your great!

Marea.....yur a stinker!!!!!!Ill email you.... sneaky girl!

all my family are gooing to the atlanta nascar races..... its raining and wet and they are goona freeze..... Im gonna be snuggley warm and sleeping dry!

more later have to run...

Joey......hugs....grin!

hugs to all.....love reaidngthese posts...

yes, debbie, I got yah covered.... will dig when they come up.. dont forget..... DONT!!!!!!!

woop[s.... forgot to run....hugs toall g

• budsnblooms
    19 years ago

WOW!!!!! You should see the box I received from MareaS today. It was absolutely loaded with the greatest stuff. 2 of the plants were live. I potted it all up and put it in my greenhouse (except for the cookies and candy)DH has taken them over. I made a list of everything she sent while I was potting them. Unfortunately the list is still in the greenhouse, so I will have to post tomorrow.
    Wait until you see. She has to be in the running for the prize.

I sent my box out today. I hope my secret daylily pal will like what he/she gets as much as I love what Marea sent me.
    She is such a sweet, cheerful, and generous person. I would love to meet her in person.

More calves and more pictures. Also have my greenhouse loaded with stuff. I'll take pictures of that too and try to send them.

I'll write more tomorrow. Debbie/budsnblooms

• User
    19 years ago

I'm freezing here in NY while you all enjoy your daffodils and cows. Pout.

I'm also going to hijack the thread a bit and talk about what's been going on with ME!

Wedding shower is a month away. Menu is all planned. I just finished a white damask chair cover with tulle bow for Alicia to sit in and open her gifts. The theme is hot pink, silver and white with dragonflies. Got all the platters and serving pieces ready. Mom's coming up the week before to help with cooking.

Someone sent me a great idea of making a wishing well with a garbage can, mop, broom and laundry basket--tried it and it's really too cute!

Since I have snow in the yard, I'm posting the buffet table centerpiece to show there really are flowers in NY, even if they're silk!
    {{gwi:1252458}}

Don't forget me! Dianne

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all!

I will be leaving in a minute to go to a local orchid greenhouse!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!! Going with a fellow Garden Webber/tropical enthusiast. I am taking my camera and hopefully I will be able to take pics. I am going to buy myself a present in celebration of getting the website DONE and for losing 20 lbs so far! Hmmm...I think I will buy 2 orchids...or 5, LOL!

Tomorrow Doug and I will be going on our annual trek to a daffodil hybridizer, Dr. Frank Galyon. He also hybridizes beautiful magnolias. His magnolias are planted at several local arboretums. Super nice man, retired heart surgeon. He has a HUGE needle palm at the end of his driveway that I will take a pic of.

Hey, would you all please look at the website I just finished and let me know what you all think, especially the dial-up folks. I am unable to judge how fast the pages and images load. PLEASE, please give me honest feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Anything suggestions that would make it better, ie. navigation. Link below.

Better get going. Y'all have a great day!

~ Canna

Here is a link that might be useful: Jeff and Jackie's Daylilies

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Morning all! jsut have enough time to say hi! I am working on my pond this weekend. Really want to get it finished and go koi shopping by the end of this weekend, but doubt if that will happen. Too much going on, with flowers blooming and all!
    canna- great site!!!!!!
    G- I only purchased one, and its for my special trading partner. LOL Actually I may find one more.
    RM- will have some great toad lilies for you this weekend. They are coming up everywhere. Do you want a rice paper plant baby? I planted one and they are now everywhere!!!!!!!! INVASIVE!!!!!!!!!
    Take care everyone and know that SPRING IS SUNDAY!!

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

JSut thought I would share some pics from lst year. Enjoy!
    Lilium Henrii

Black Beauty

Japanede Tree Peony
    \
    Iris
    {{gwi:1252465}}

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

ok cuties,,,,,
    i have named daylilys....duh.... I am wanting to trade for box of dahlia bulbs..... its on....tradeing season is here.... lets rock!!! Lets roll... lets work these mailmen!
    email me if interested....g

ps...my dog,piggy,is at my feet snoring loudy!!!!

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

To the person that got Mamma G hooked on Dahlia's,wonder who could have done that???, OK I will stop picking on you G, :)Anita

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Wasn't me :) *grin* I got all my dahlias put in the ground last Sunday! But, I held onto a few for my secret pal. Hi, Secret Pal!!!! I will get your box to you next week!

I had a blast at the orchid greenhouse. Came home with a lighter wallet and box full of fun! I took pictures that are on my webshots: Elmore's Orchids Went with my pal Mel (Mel_TN on GW). Hadn't seen each other in a while so we got to catch up. Her greenhouse is crammed full of blooming Hoyas, orchids, etc. Always fun to go see her place.

Off to make something edible.

~ Canna

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

MISS G, MISS G, HOW R YA...SORRY, NO DAHLIAS...;0( OTHERWISE THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER PACKET GOING OUT.

JOEY!!! DON'T ASK IF I WANT .... JUST PACK AND...SEND... HEHEHEHE

NANCY..MY DEAR, I GOT THE ARTEMISIA POTTED UP AND IT IS OUTSIDE GETTING RAINED ON. I FORGOT TO OPEN THE BOX, TILL I SAT ON IT LAST NIGHT. OOOPS, I GOT GOOSED! THEY HAD ROOTS COMING OUT OF THEIR LITTLE BITTY EARS. HOPE THEY DO WELL (THE LEAVES WERE VERY VERY WILTED, I CUT THEM OFF).

CANNA--DO YOU STILL HAVE THAT PLANT THAT SHOOTS OFF THEIR SEEDS? THE ONE THAT IS GREEN AND LOOKS LIKE A SUN FLOWER;
    AND, DO YOU HAVE A RHIZ OF CANNAs 'STUTGART', AND 'SNOW DRAGON'. HOPE SO.

OH, MELISA...NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE CHOCOLATE DAYLILIES, IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THEM W GODIVA CHOCOLATE (I THINK THERE ARE SOME GODIVA DIVAS AROUND) THAT IS FINE W ME...SURPRISE THEM. OR MAYBE, MELT SOME HERSHEYs CANDY.

THANK YOU,EVERY ONE FOR THE CONGRATS THAT I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING. EVEN AT MY SCHOOL, TEACHERS THAT USUALLY DON'T TURN TO SAY HI, ARE now, smilingly saying 'JOB WELL DONE'.

FINALLY, I WANT ALL OF YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ARE ONN AAAA
    ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

TELL THEM MISSSSSSSSSSS G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-!!!!!!

• mareas
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1252466}}
    This is a portrait of a green & silvery seedling Lamb's Ear plant (Stachys Byzantine) that needs a new home - do any of you want this? (It is taking over my planter of 'Rouge' semps & Dasyphylum sedum) I have more of these plants to share, as well as: Greek Oregano, Garden Chives, Violet Odorata, Lemon Balm, Donkey Spurge (Euphorbia Myrsinites), English Ivy & Green Arrow Arum (Peltandra Virginica) plants that I would be happy to share with any of you Travelin' Daylilies angels.

MaryS -It is time to divide my Hostas already (so sorry to keep bragging like this) and I forgot which one you wanted! Email me about hostas when you have some time?

Joey - Those photos helped me finally realize why rm keeps calling you papa san...But, look, a few years behind you and I've got this dandy Peony (traded to me as "peony") flourishing in it's traveling catfood container pot:
    {{gwi:1252467}}
    Debbie - So happy you liked everything! When I make it back to Kentucky (I have lots of stories about Kentucky) I hope to come watch those extraordinary grey calves with you and gape for awhile at your greenhouse...

Dawn - The Dappled Willow that Susan sent me is leafing out and I had to get my reading glasses to be sure those weren't pink flowers sticking straight out of the bark, and realized what a gift you were offering in those cuttings to trade. My favorite tree yet! Big grin & pat on back for being so generous in that way, too...

Diane - That wedding is phenomenal already! How unusual and gorgeous! So happy to hear how successful you are being at what you love! How could we forget you? We know you will be back at swapping when you quit all that hopping... Marea

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

marea i would love to take some of that greek oregano off of your hands (for DS's herb garden)

joey thanks for the beautiful pics. the snow has finally all disappeared here! but they are calling for a "wintry mix" on Sunday HAPPY SPRING!!!!

diane if the centerpieces are 1/2 as nice as everything else I would say you have a success! The tulips look gorgeous in the watering pail. I hope everything goes great for the shower.

washing windows and curtains tomorrow so it's offf to bed early tonight!

MELISSA

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Gosh Joey, I know you are in zone 8 but sheesh my Black Beauty doesn't bloom till July/Aug. Drooling here!!!!

Gloria, I thought you had Dahlias to trade. I was going ot email you.

Great pictures everyone, hopefully I will take some tomorrow after the soccer game and post them.

Stay warm, it is cold here :o(

Angie

• budsnblooms
    19 years ago

OK, here's the list of all the great things my secret pal Marea sent me.
    Puschkinia Libanotica Bulbs
    Blue Bird Crocus Bulbs
    Allium 'Seculum'Bulbs
    Allium 'Ostrowskiana'Bulbs
    Allium 'Purple Sensation'Bulbs
    Pecock Orchid Bulbs
    Stargazer Lily Bulbs
    Sedum Album
    Pink Glad
    and these two live plants:
    Lycoris Squimigera
    Green Arrow Arum
    Plus Fire Works Clematis rootstock from the Roseville Collection, Several packs of nice seeds, and cookies and Easter Candy. See why I said Marea would definately be in the running for the PRIZE. Thank you Marea, I loved everything. Also, please come to visit me anytime you make it to KY. You can stay here and save on hotel bills. I would love to have you. I'd take you riding all over the farm on the 4 wheeler so you can see the calves up close and personal. E-mail me with your KY stories. I'd love to hear them. Also I'd like to trade for some of your violet odorata and Donkey Spurge. Click on the link below for my trade page.

Joey...Just before you joined this merry band. You and I traded plants. You sent me 2 varigated bamboo's. I kept them in the greenhouse over the winter because I haven't made the bed I want to put them in yet (Still to cold and wet here). Anyway, I wanted to let you know how beautiful they are. If I ever learn to do pic's I let everyone see. Also, where can I find one of those Japanese Tree Peonies. Do you have a website I can check? PLMK I love Tree Peonies
    but especially the one you are showing in your pic. I've never seen one like that.

G...I have dahlia's I haven't planted yet. Sending you an e-mail.

Susan...If you happen to see this post. The brugs you sent are healthy and the Axelrose bloomed a couple of months ago.

Diane...Beautiful flower arrangement. Good luck with all the wedding arrangements.

I'm so excited.....trading has begun. Debbie/budsnblooms

Here is a link that might be useful: Debbie's trade list

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Debbie, I will be in Kentucky next week! My sister just moved back to London from Raliegh, NC. Gonna go stay with her for a few days. The only Kentucky stories I have is going through on the way to Indiana to visit family, before I-75 went all the way up. One of my brothers has so many speeding tickets in KY that they told him not to come back into the state or they would throw him in jail, LOL!

Off to drink a SoBe with a splash of something.

~ Canna

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Hi All,
    I went shopping for my rabbit buddy, would you all believe this jumped in to my cart??? {{gwi:1252468}} Now I have no clue, as I am not really in to them, but I think I might be, Does any one know anything about this Hydrangea????????? I t is called Mathilda Gutges, Or that's what the tag say's, HELP, I am Hydrangea impaired, We wont talk about the new rose I came home with:)

Nancy, I so look forward to your rose's:)
    OK, I'm off to doddy dnoddy land, Have a great night all, :)Anita

• budsnblooms
    19 years ago

Canna...Several of my family live in Laurel County. I have spent many happy weekends and weeks on my grandparents farm there. A really pretty area. But unfortunately its becoming so developed, they're ruining what everyone moves there for. Sound familiar? London is about 31/2 hours south from here. We take I75 when we travel there. I live about 25 miles N. of Lexington in Bourbon Co. If you're going to be travelling farther north let me know and maybe we can work out something to get together. Debbie/budsnblooms

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Morning everyone!

Canna, what lovely pictures you took. Maleah looks very sweet! I really love the mounted Staghorns. I just got my 1st Staghorn last week.
    Also, the website looks great. I love 'Tribal Council'! All their new intros are gorgeous. The site was very informative and very easy to navigate. Great job!

Joey, your pictures are beautiful as well. What a joy to look at them. And what's this I hear about you having variegated bamboo???? We'll have to talk.....

Marea, I didn't know Susan had a dappled willow. They are the most gorgeous shrubs, IMO. I can't wait 'till mine start to leaf out. And they look so nice in a slight breeze.....they sway very gently.
    Your semps. & sedum look great. 'Rouge' is gorgeous! I am planning on expanding my collection this summer. They've got to be the "easiest" plants! I am going to a local nursery in a few weeks that has tons of them. I'll let you know what I get.

Dianne, the centerpiece is so pretty. I can't wait to see pictures, so please take lots.

Anita, love your Hydrangea macrophylla 'Mathilda Gutges'. It's one of the nicest "mopheads". They call it the "chameleon", 'cause you can really play with the color on that one. If the soil is alkaline, it's color will be much more of a medium pink. Or if the soil is very acidic, the color will be a very dark blue. The colors can also be a little of both, or even lavendar. Your's looks like it's kind of in the "middle" right now. It's very pretty. Perfect for Spring. I think that one is hardy in Zones 5-9 and requires part shade. It can grow pretty big (5-8'), but you can keep it pruned.
    Now, tell us about the rose........

Well, I got my new baby yesterday. It's so very precious. As soon as I got home and was getting it all settled in it's new home, it escaped!!! I spent 1/2 hour trying to catch it. I was beat! It will getting it's "true" feathers in the next few months, and it's beak will probably turn bright orange. Hopefully then I will be able to tell whether it's a male or female. It was very tired yesterday when I took this picture, but today it's hopping around, checking out the new digs. I even got it a chair and ceiling fan for in it's house!

It's so tiny. Quite a change from our big birds.

Well, I finally got my 1st bloom outside. My "Polar Pansies" are blooming, even before the Crocus.

I got "the call" yesterday. I go back to work at the golf course Monday a.m. at 6:30. DH is sad. I'm excited. I will be working on edging sandtraps all week. It's a hard job, but they look so nice and "clean" when it's finished. We have something close to 100 traps, so my back will be in agony by next Friday. I'm on my way out to get a new pair of boots. I was going to order them, but there's no time. They will never be here before Mon., and all of my old boots are shot. I usually go through 2 pairs a season.

Have a great day, and don't forget what tomorrow is!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

joey> do you know the name of that tree peony? it looks a lot like kinkaku. do you have many of them? i have four of them, but none of them bloomed last year, very unimpressed with that.

anita> i don't know anything about that particular hydrangea, but once it's done blooming you might want to repot and cut it back. they tend to be potted in peat only and become extremely hydrophobic.

canna> feel free to pick up a few orchids for me too!! what kinds do you grow? i have mostly cattleyas, but i love angraecums.

dawn> cute finch

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Hello all,
    Wow loving the pictures..Man I want the snow to go away..I need to play in the dirt..=(

Mailed my March box out Friday..so someone has a surprise coming..=)

Dawn cute baby..I have finchs too..love the little beep,beeps noise they make..

Picture of Bird bird..or Monster..LOL

Jean

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

I JUST GOT BACK FROM A WONDERFUL DAY OF SPECIAL OLYMPICS. HECTIC, SCRAMBLING, BUT NOT TOO BAD. WHAT SOME ONE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO DO, OTHERS JUST TOOK OFF AND WINGED IT. ME, I JUST WATCHED AND MADE SURE THE EQUIP THAT WAS NEEDED WAS PROVIDED AND GOT BACK WHERE IT BELONGED. SCORES TAKEN TO THE RIBBON AREA AND, IF THE PROPER PAPER WORK FOR THE GAME AT HAND WAS NOT THERE, JUST TAKE NAMES, SCORES, GENDER AND PROPER AGE GROUP AND, AS LONG AS EVERYTHING WAS KOSHER, AND PROPERLY DONE, AS A HOST COUNTY, I CAN SAY, EVERY ONE IS A WINNER.

NOW, FOR THE SURPRISE THAT AWAITED ME AT MY HOUSE.

WOW, DEBBIE--MY MARCH SURPRISE GOT HERE. NOW, HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS HANKERING FOR? HEAR THIS, HEAR THIS, DEBBIE SENT ME A DRAGONFLY WIND CHIME. THE SWEET SOUNDS OF THE CHIMES ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL TO MY EARS, I SEE SOMETHING SHINY JUST BELOW THAT...MMMM, ANOTHER WIND CHIME?? NAHHHH, IT IS A BRASS GO 'ROUND AND LIGHT CATCHER--DEBBIE PLS STEP UP AND 'XPLAIN THIS ONE. BE-A-U-TIFUL!!
    THEN, AGAIN, MOMMA BEAR DON'T READ THIS, A BIG, HUGE, BIGGEST BAG OF M&M'S, I HAVE NOT SEEN IN YRS.
    THEN, YET AGAIN, PEPPERIDGE FARM CHUNK O CHOCLAT COOOOOKIES, MMMMMMMM, SOOOOO CHOMP, DOUGLE CHOMPING GOOOOOD.
    THEN, AGAIN AND AGAIN, SOME BEAUTIFUL BULBS:
    AGAPANTHUS 'STORM CLOUD'
    ASIATIC LILIES-4 LIL BULBS
    ASIATIC LILIES-3 SPROUTING BULBS
    RAIN LILIES-2 BEAUTIFUL BULBS
    WALKING IRIS--GORGEOUS FAN

AND LAST, BUT, REMEMBER, NOTHING IS LAST OR LEAST, AROUND HERE.A BUNNY CARD W THE SWEETEST WISHES FOR A BEAUTIFUL EASTER.
    I GOT TO TELL YOU DEBBIE SOPER; YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY AND...I WAS CAUGHT TOTALLY BY SURPRISE...THANK YOU...

ALSO, THE HANGING GARDEN SIGN THAT SAYS 'SPRING HAS SPRUNG' IS SOOOOO SWEET.

AH, MISS G--YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE.

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

I went shopping today for my secret bunny too! I sure hope he/she likes what I picked and of course I got extras for myself in case they say how wonderful they are! Will try to get box out on Monday but try as I do it never seems to happen so Tuesday for sure! I am never late, just slightly behind the times!

it was beautiful here today and there are tons of green sprouts under all the leaves . if the weather holds tomorrow I think I will remove a thin layer just so I can see some green. I am tired of brown. Ok experts heres my dilema is it too soon to plant all my new gaygay daylilies if the other ones are sprouting up? or should I wait a while longer...we could still get snow but I need some spring bad!

Happy Spring!!! everyone do the wave!!!1

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

oh !!!!!!

GUESS WHAT I GOT.... CANT YOU TELL? LOOK AGAIN! i AM SO EXCITED! iTS THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE THAT WHEN THEY BREAK YOU BEGIN TO APPRECIATE THEM. pARDON ME GIRLS, MEN, WHILE I KISS MY NEW KEYBAORD TO PIECES! KISS KISS KISS!

All the pictures are great and as I scroll down I think I am going to say this or that. By the time i am able to post i forget... I think its called getting old.... who said that!

RM your bag of daffs got here! I will mail you the daylies monday. I have several going out! Thanks!

I am loving all the readings of the surprize bunnies! you guys are fantastic! this is always so fun. I do not want to offend anyone, but when i read what others are sending I think.... wooooo, I wish I had her/him.... the m&m.s almost threw me over the edge. grin

Canna, I am so proud of you girl! I am going to start again, when I fell off I fell off HARD! Bt i felt sooooo good! I need too!

Dawn, that is the cutest little bird. Seriously, Id like to have a little one like that. The big ones scare me. I have a fear of bird biting. I am serious! I also stuck my foot in a crab when I was about three so I have that fear also... NOT joking! I screamed my head off as my mom yelled at me for sticking my foot in the pool they were in. They had caught them in mississippi and had them in a kids pool?
    So, thats my story...weird but true!

My family are at the nascar races! I have bulb shopped my head off! I have had fun! I am starting a new addiction... makes number 92. bulbs are soooooo easy. I planted about 50 in front of a swing.... ill take a photo of them all bloomed out. Everyone who comes over coments! Its fun.

Gays daylilies were the best ever... the best, mercy me, that was the deal of a lifetime! thanks again gay.... you sure did us good girl!

Anita, a little old lady in washington state got me started into the bulbs. I have met so many nice people. I love to learn things from PEOPLE, you know? If I hear excitement in the voice, words of others, then I get jazzed too!

I had a person tell me today that I was the happest all around person they knew.... that wasnt a fat joke was it?

Give me a piano CD, a flower, and a working keyboard and I am ready to go!

Anita, thanks again for all the address work!

Dianne, we could never forget you girl!!! We love yah and will be glad when there is time for us all again. Post pictures of that bucket, broom, mop, deal!

ahhhh work calls........hugs g

marea, yep Debbie, you called it to a T.... she is as many here, a blessing to us all...

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

Dear Debbie:
    I FOUND THE CALLA LILIES.....THANKS BUNCH AGAIN...

NOW THAT SPRING HAS SPRUNG---LADIES AND GENTS, GET READY...

IT'S NOT FAR OFF NOW BEFORE OUR ENGINES START, HAHAHA, SOME OF US HAVE been snorting and biting at the bit for some time now...

mama g----get TO THE GATE QUICK, OR THEY WILL BE OFF...

rm

LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT TRILLIUMS

• budsnblooms
    19 years ago

Dawn and Jean......I love your birds. We had a pair of love birds for a long time. They raised several little love birds which was part of the problem. Everytime we had company the birds would do the humpty-hump non stop. Come to think about it, I think they humpty-humped all the time. (Blushing)

RM....I'm so glad you liked your box. The brass colored thingy is a wind spinner. Hang it by the nylon string, and while the large outter one spins the smaller one in the center spins at a different rate giving a nice effect. I love chimes, spinners, birdhouses, baths etc. and I plan to have the gaudiest yard in Little Rock, KY.

Joey....OOPS!!!Did I let the cat out of the bag about the bamboo. If so, I'm sorry. But It is beautiful. Tell me how to propagate it and I will share;0)

Marea and Anita......I love your KY stories. Please try to stop by anytime you come to KY. You will always have a place to stay.

Gloria....Your heart is as open as your purse;0) Look for something to arrive in GA next week.

I'm planning a couple of new beds. The first thing I'm looking for is Pink Turtleheads. Does anyone have any to trade?
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Debbie if you can wait said to June..I have some..Be more then happy to send you some..Pink Turtlehead that is.

Jean

• namso
    19 years ago

Good afternnon all,

Just wanted to say that I love all the flower pics being posted...thankyou all. Its a very nice thing when it is still so long away here. Thanks (even if im jealous)!

Ditto on Debbie :)- she is one very nice lady.

Dawn & Jean. Love those bird pics too. So cute.

Jo - sounds like a plan. Need lots of daylilies @ the hotel rm! (JK too rm:)).

Anita - if you ever get a chance to try maple sugar cotton candy go for it! ummm. Hoping the days warm up enough for you soon too.

Oh just had to mention on nice/old. Neighbor boy earned a boy scout badge last year bringing me cookies...apparently it was doing something nice for old people. I just turned fourty. Might have been offended if he was not 10 and the cookies not so good. lol :)

Cindy O/namso

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Happy Spring! Guess it is official now. You would never know it around here! We had another winter storm and more snow on Friday. The good news is it will not last long this time of year! I had a yard full of Robins this afternoon looking for food where the snow was melting.

My DD is back at college all safe and sound. We had a good week. It was fun having her home again. I have not been on here much so I had alot of catching up to do.

I am enjoying all the plant pics. I am so envious!
    Love seeing the birds too.It is good to see all the ones who have been away posting again.

RM: Congratulations on passing your test!

Canna: 20 lbs!!!! Way to go girl! You inspire me to get serious again. Summer clothes will not be a pretty sight here unless I get busy now!!!!! I hate to exercise!

Cathy: I am so glad to hear things are going better for you and Julie.

Gloria: I am sooo glad to see you finally got your new keyboard.

The bulbs are starting to show up in stores around here. Just today i saw a new orange lily called Elite and bought 2. Anyone know about that one?

Well better go...MaryS

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Happy Spring everyone

Thanks for the good luck on the job interview. I was the first of several, so now is the waiting game.

Went shopping for my March partner today. Of course I came home with stuff for me. Does anyone not?????

Canna - 20 lbs?? I missed that - congrats!

Cindy - glad to see you back.

G - glad to see that you finally got a new keyboard!

Hope to ship it out soon!

Ellen

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    First I need to vent!!!!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID TO WANT TO SHIP LIVE PLANTS IN AN ENVELOP??????? I am so mad right now I could just spit!!!!! & then she asked me to explain WHY I did not want to receive my end in an envelope, OHHHH I am ticked!!!!!!!

OK Thanks for the vent space, on to better thing's in life:)

Jean,
    Is our little buddy going to get stuck with the name Bird Bird?

Debbie,
    I have never been to KY?

Dianne,
    Forget you???? Come on how many people have 2 n's in Dianne??? We would never forget you:) Love your center piece, I will have to show my nephew & see if they would like that idea, Thanks,

Joey,
    Love your pic's, especially the tree peony, very nice.

Dawn & Other's,
    Thanks for the info on my new Hydrangea, I hope it is hardy here,
    Love your new little finch, & Oh did I need to see blooms today:) Love your polar ice pansy.

Shirley,
    Please add Ed Brown & Madge Casey to that list I sent you,

If anyone would like a list of my Daylilies without all the crap from my exchange list, let me know & I will send it on to you, Mamma G I know you want it:)

Time for HGTV, will finish catch up later, Anita still mad over the envelop deal!!!!

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning! How nice to come back to the computer and see such lovely, happy and kind people. Great weekend here! Had a ton of stuff to dig up for trades and for my secret pal!
    Secret pal- See the Black beauty bulb???? I ahve a fat one coming to you in the box!!@!!! Now, who is my secret pal?
    Rita Moreno-SAN- wait to you see the pretties I have for you!!!!!!! On its way today!
    Dawn, the bamboo is called Polygonum cuspidatum 'Spectabile', want some????
    Debbie- I knew your name looked familiar. I am so glad. depending on your zone, the bamboo should be coming up.
    Cody-I will find the name of my Peony and let you know. I was an asian name begining with k, so you may be right!!!
    Take care all!@ Joey

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Deni, Rebecca, and Jean - todays the day to pay for the cannas. Did you get the email from Nancy? If not let me know.

Ellen

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Good morning all, My pal should be getting her box today. here is a picture of my first boquet of the year, thought I would share. enjoy carol

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all, and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!

Yet another awesome weekend here in the TN valley with sun and mid-sixties! Y'all come down south and stay a spell, LOL! Loving the pics, keep them coming.

I should have my secret pal's box ready to be shipped today! Also, those who are wanting Hellebore seedlings, I should have them dug and ready too. I'll give you a hint on who my secret pal is...s/he does NOT live in Tennessee :).

Hi Cody! I am an orchid novice, so I am feeling out what grows best for me in my home conditions. I have had a phal and a dend/phal NOIDs for around 18 months and have been unable to get them to rebloom. I also have:

Onc Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy'
    New ones on Friday:
    Ascda. Pralor 'Barbara Elmore' HCC/AOS that has red/orange bloom
    Epiden. 'Pixie Princess' H&R
    Epi. Veitchii
    Bulbophyllum pulchellum 'El'

So, you see, I am kind of all over the place. The epi is in spike and I am excited!!!

Jean, bird-bird looks great contrasting with your red walls! Beautiful bird!

Dawn, you have a cutie baby bird too! I want a bird!!!!

Trops, yes, I do have the plant that shoots seeds, Dorstenia. I do have Stuttgart, but I just got it last year, many thanks to both Marea and Susan for it! If it multiplies well, I would be happy to share.

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. Add another pound to that! Or, should I say subtract another pound from me, LOL! I am eating normally now, just not sugar. I even bought a big bag of M&M's for my pal and it didn't call out my name. I have been eating Blue Bunny ice cream, the carb-free or sugar free varieties and I can't tell. I ate peanut brittle ice cream last night, YUM!

OK, better get busy. I have a "Yeah, I'll get too it" list a mile long for today. I have been up for 4 hours already and have gotten zip done.

Y'all have a wonderful day full of love, laughs, and sunshine! Life is good...

~ Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everyone

I needed to come and cry on your shoulders. I've had the most horrible experience, and am trying to recover the best I can.

I lost my new baby finch. I spent all day Saturday with him, and he seemed to be doing wonderful. Eating, drinking, playing with my hair, etc. I was thrilled, and so very happy. He hopped into his little nest Sat. night around 9pm, and appeared fine. I woke up Sun. morning, and was surprised to see that he wasn't out yet. I tapped on the cage,.....nothing. It was obvious that he wasn't going to wake up. It's hard for me to talk about, as I am still pretty broken up.
    I am not sure why this happened, but I think the lady that sold him to me may have lied about his age. I think he may have been taken away from his mother too soon, and was possibly too stressed. I'm really not sure though.
    Of course, our worry turned to our other birds. Even though the new one was "quarantined", we still worry. He showed no signs of sickness though, so we are just baffled. And sad.
    I had grown pretty attached to him in the short time he lived here, and I can't think of much else. I was so looking forward to Sunday, being the first day of Spring and all. Turned out to be the saddest day...........

But I do want to wish you all, my Daylily family, a Happy Spring. I would've done it yesterday, but I couldn't see through the tears.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

dawn> i'm so sorry for you loss.

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Dawn, I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe you can find some peace in knowing that your little friend is somewhere content and at peace himself. Take care my friend. Joey

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Mammabird he has flown to the sun without burning a wing, so sorry for your loss.get another, but find a different breeder.

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

oh dawn I am so sorry for you and the little finchy. He was certainly loved in the short time he was here!

Secret bunny box hit the road today should arrive at it's new home on Wednesday

marea i don't know what I did wrong but I think I lost a few of the wonderful cannas you sent to me :( they are all brown and shrivelly, not all of them, just some. the others still feel heavy so I am hoping! They are going in pots tomorrow with lots of love and care hopefully I will have cannas this year!

hope everyone had a wonderful first day of spring

MELISSA

• abitodd
    19 years ago

Good Evening Everyone,

I have been busy busy busy all day. My Daughter and I got up early this morning and started cleaning the greenhouse out and about 15 truck loads later it is about 2/3rds cleaned out..lol I had no idea I could cram so much into such a small place. I had a great suprise show up on my door step this afternoon. The mail lady came down the driveway so I knew that ment she had goodies for me. I ripped open the box to find - a baggie with 10 freesia bulbs - a baggie with 11 Acidanthera(sword lily) bulbs - a baggie with 3 Bergamo bulbs - a baggie of mixed glads(because they are so pretty) - another bag with 3 not 2 Beautiful Begonias(cause DIRTPIG cant count..lol) Oh I am so glad she cant. - A bag of Yumy Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Chunk Milk Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - 5 Cadbury Cream eggs - a Snickers egg - a cute little M&M man with twirley bunny ears filled with M&M's - and last but certaintly not least a cute as could be Pink Flamingo Wind Chime. Jean(Dirtpig) you did really really good and my daughter sends you big hugs for all the candy. Hubby thanks you for the cookies...they took the eatables and told me to go plant the bulbs...lol Bulbs are all planted and I only have another 1000 things to put in the gardens. This was a very very plesant suprise. This group is the best of the best. There are not many places you can go either in person or online and fell as welcome as I have here. Thank you so much Jean for brightening my day with all the goodies. I had so much fun unpacking the box.

Joey - If you have any extra bamboo I would love a small start. I would be very happy to send you a start of p. decora...providing you would like some large bamboo. I will have other types available at some point. I have a number of different ones started.

Thank you all for giving me a place I can go and feel at home.

abitodd
    Deni

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Oh Oh Dawn ..BIG (((Dawn))) Hugs..Sorry for your lose..=(

Yes Canna Bird bird is beautifull in that room...=) and yes it looks like Bird bird is going to be his name..Just can't seem to find one that fits.

Deni..so glad you had fun opening the box..even your DD and DH..LOL..and wow that was fast..was thinking you get that on Tuesday.

And yes this is a GREAT group of people..=)

Jean