SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeribelle_gw

I am very upset with my 3rd lawn service

jeribelle
20 years ago

Folks, this may be somewhat off topic, but just how do I get what I'm paying for here in the South?! I've not run across this problem outside of this area of the country. I have engaged a 3rd lawn care company to mow and trim. Seems they refuse to listen to me. I could not get the first two to cooperate, so hired the man across the street (I hate to employ neighbors). Anyhow, this man is nice as God has ever made a person, but frankly, just doesn't care to do as his customers ask. I have a row of very young bushes I planted last year for eventual screening from the street, on part of the frontage of our corner lot. The lawn people here just run their mowers up against young trees and shrubs, scalping the bark, if they don't outright just cut off the lower branches and limbs. Then, just to make sure they have killed all but the central leader, they go back with the week-whacker and whack all the rest of the lower branches off, and strip the bark off the branches they cannot cut off with their string trimmers! I spent about 20 minutes discussing this exact problem with this man, after he scalped all the branches off my bushes 2 months ago. Now, I am home from school this morning, and he has done it again! There are dead lower branches on every single bush, and they are all scarred from his 'torture' of my innocent plants! Just how do you get these people to listen?! I love Savannah, and I love these people, and they are so kind. But, common sense and customer service seem to be something that I can't find in a lawn care person. Help! I want to like it here, I want to like the people here, but I am so frustrated, I could scream. This man is well over 40 years in age, and should know better, as he inherited this business from his father.

jeribelle

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions