SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

July 3rd pics. I know, 2 days late, but better late than never

littleonefb
15 years ago

Sorry they are 2 days late to post. But they are worth the wait. Hubby is really getting the hang of this camera now. I may have a problem getting it away from him when I can get back in the gardens to take them.

Fran

Marigold bolero

{{gwi:411178}}

livingston daisy apricot tutu

{{gwi:411179}}

Verbascum violette second year blooming, WS 3 years ago

{{gwi:411180}}

balloon plant ready to open

{{gwi:411181}}

datura

{{gwi:411182}}

datura coming back after the chipmunk ate it. found chipmunk dead beside the pot with the stem still in it's mouth. NO IT IS NOT IN THE PICTURE, even though hubby wanted to take it that way.

{{gwi:411183}}

chinese forget me nots, just can't get enough of these in the garden beds

{{gwi:411184}}

{{gwi:411185}}

petunia, did not come true from the parent plant that was dark purple. this is the actual color though, isn't it amazing?

{{gwi:411186}}

look at the small white petunia with the pink spots on it and the bright pink petunia next to it. The seeds where from a rescued petunia pot that a local nursery was throwing out last summer. Just barely any green on the 8 petunias in the pot, but for free? Who am I to say NO, and I wanted the pot anyways. The petunias where a very light pink when, with lots of TLC they bloomed in August last summer. The bright pink and this white with the pink spots on it are from seeds of that petunia. I have a string tied around the stem of that white and pink spot one. want seeds especially from it to see what we get next year.

{{gwi:411187}}

And finally my favorite viola of all time. Viola yesterday, today and tomorrow. It is the most amazing flowers you will ever see.

Each flower starts out blooming pure white with a tiny yellow center and a bit of very dark purple vein coming out of it. As the days progress, the flower begins to take on some shading of very pale lavender and keeps spreading over the flower until the entire flower is totally lavender. So when you have these blooming either in pots or on the ground, it never fails to look like you have more than 10 different plants in one clump, because all of the flowers are in various stages of color.

Notice the pure white in this pic with a full lavender flower behind it, you might be able to detect the slow change beginning in one flower beside the white one.

{{gwi:411189}}

a pic of one flower beginning the change to full lavender

{{gwi:411191}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio