SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wesley1769_gw

capital stove problems very upset

wesley1769
9 years ago

Hey guys, wanted to post this message for anyone thinking of purchasing a capital stove. I recently purchased a brand new capital stove, model # gscr366n and i am extremely upset with them.
PROBLEM 1) After the second time of using the burner caps paint start to crack and burn off,(picture attached) leaving me with 6 discolored burner caps.
PROBLEM 2) The first time i used the oven half way through cooking the door locked in place and would not open. after several times of turning the unit off and on it finally opened up, now the light for the lock remains on and makes weird noises.
PROBLEM 3) the ignitor continues to click while the burners are on. it doesn't do it all the time but for no reason at all it just starts clicking.

PROBLEM 4) after 2 weeks of having the stove we used the oven for the 2nd time and began hearing a very loud noise coming from the rear of the unit.

PROBLEM 5) discoloration to the stainless steel front door panel.

ok since the first problem, i have been on the phone with capital who was attempting to help me out. I spoke with a nice guy (ever villaneuva) from there tech department who shipped me new burner caps right away. after beginning to experience all the other problems capital arranged a service tech to come to my house to inspect the unit. the service guy determined the locking mechanism needed to be replaced, the cooling fan in the rear was broken and needed replacement, the igniter needed some type of adjustment, and the door panel need replacement.
I'm sorry but to experience all of these issues with a brand new stove is unacceptable. I want a new stove at this this point not even asking for a refund just a replacement. i haven't had it for 1 week before experiencing problems I believe this unit needs to be replaced. THIS WAS NOT A FLOOR MODLE OR A USED ITEM!!! THIS WAS A BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE STOVE. IT APPEARS THEY DO NOT WANT TO REPLACE THE STOVE BUT RATHER HAVE SOMEONE COME AND FIX IT. IM VERY UNHAPPY WITH CAPITAL AND BELIEVE I DESERVE BETTER.
I AM WISHING I PURCHASED A WOLF OR BLUESTAR AT THIS TIME.

I WILL POST A VIDEO SOON OF THE PROBLEM ON YOUTUBE I HOPE THIS GETS CAPITAL'S ATTENTION TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR COSTUMERS AND I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS WITH MAKING THEIR PURCHASES.

YOUTUBE VIDEO LINK OF PROBLEMS LISTED BELOW

Here is a link that might be useful: YOUTUBE VIDEO OF PROBLEMS

This post was edited by wesley1769 on Tue, Dec 16, 14 at 20:24

Comments (17)