SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy7918

What's affecting my new plants??

amy7918
14 years ago

We've lived in this house 1 year. In spring I planted a bunch of new shrubs and plants, very few of which are doing well. I'm beginning to suspect a common foe, but when I called my local co-op, the master gardener didn't seem to think they were related.

Here's the list of what's wrong:

1. Several plants have dead branches, including a juniper creeper, both of the apple trees, and some others that I don't know the name of.

2. The blueberry bush, the sand cherry and my new apple trees have brown/orange spots. I bought some fruit tree spray for the apple trees but haven't used it yet. Should I use this on all of them? None of them? Hmmm...

3. The burning bush is scorched big time. The co-op gardener claims it's a canker, but I inspected the trunk closely and don't see any injuries. Besides, it was healthy in the pot for nearly a week before I was able to plant it--then it went downhill quickly.

4. The blue globe spruce is slowly turning purple (dying).

Everything has been watered twice a week and receives unrelenting sunshine. All plants were beautiful and apparently healthy when planted. I have purchased from this nursery several times before and planted things in my front yard, but the backyard was quite barren until I planted these shrubs and trees.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know very little about plants and I'm not sure what to do.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio