SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannoxx_gw

Munching critters who show no mercy!

shannoxx
16 years ago

Help! I have critters making a 7 course meal out of my plants. This is my first year in a new residence so I am not sure what to expect of the local wildlife. I am suspect to believe it may be a woodchuck and/or bunnies. It all started with my Coleus, Pansies and Silver Lace, all of which I thought were safe based on my past experiences at previous residence. However these critters seem not to discriminate and will apparently eat anything I plant.

This past weekend I did up a little garden around my mailbox. They pretty much tasted and ate everything I put down, Alpine Poppies, Dahlias, Corydalis, Balloon Flower and Alternanthera. I realize chicken-wire might solve my problem here - however, it has ZERO curb appeal and therefore my husband is not willing to put it up.

So - I ask you all this, does anyone have an idea for a more visually pleasing deterrent or some concoction of sorts to put out that will keep away all kinds of beastly little things? I have read up that 'so and so' works for this animal and 'so and so' works for that animal. I was hoping for something with a broader scope.

Any advice would be greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance!

Shannoxx

Comments (3)