SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
felixculpa81

Fighting spidermites - can you advise?

felixculpa81
15 years ago

Hello!

I really hope some people can help me here.

I have been experiencing spidermites (white bugs) on my plants - especially basil, but i think it may be from a previous infection in the kitchen!

As soon as i noticed, I just put the basil straight outside along with all the neighboring plants - felt a bit guilty about this but i remember how hard they were to get rid of last time!!

I have now quarantined the other (seemingly) uninfected plants in the bathroom, but my question is when will it be safe to move them back to the kitchen window sill?

I have obviously cleaned it down, including hoovering - and sprayed the sides with bleach (will bleach work?!)

But i am hoping someone can tell me how long these things can survive without plants to feed on?

Is there a chance they could hide in the cracks - dormant until another meal arrives?

Do i need to throw away my heated propagator? (this was also infested much to my dismay.) or will a clean down with bleach do the trick? I am sure i cleaned properly last time - but they came back for this attack...

i don't know what to do! Please help!

Comments (6)