SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivers1202

What is wrong with my Persian Shield?

rivers1202
17 years ago

I grow Persian Shield outside in my garden every year, and I've never had the leaves look like this. It has always been such an easy-care, trouble-free plant in my garden. So this thing with the foliage really has me stumped. I know it's not from normal aging of the leaves because I've had experience with Persian Shield and this has never happened - that yellowing is NOT normal.

The leaves have started getting a weird yellow-splotched look to them. The new foliage seems normal enough, but as it grows it starts to get the yellowish splotches. I've searched the plant and the soil around it for insects that might be causing this problem, but I haven't found any.

One more bit of info., the plant seems to be growing more slowly than in previous years. None of the other plants growing around it seem to be bothered by whatever it is that's causing the problem. This is just weird.

I'm posting several pics., hoping someone can tell me what's going on with this plant. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Renee

{{gwi:1154088}}

{{gwi:1154089}}{{gwi:1154090}}

Comment (1)