SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Persian Shield and Heurchera

pippi21
14 years ago

KatG..a DG member showed her photo album of her home, indoor and outdoor gardens in Port Charlotte, Fla. and she really had some interesting container gardens. One that caught my eye was persian shield and she combines it with different color heurcheras. A lot of her plants are tropical and suited for Fla. weather but I saw a lot of interesting arrangements that caught my eye. One was this beautiful sapphire blue petunia. She also uses a lot of succulents, lots of coleus and caladiums. Bet the fragrance from the tropical plants is wonderful. Another plant that caught my eye was the purple oxalis(shamrock plant).I had a regular shamrock plant at my previous home and it flourished all summer once we put it inside the screened porch. Would it survived in full sun outside during the summer in my zone? The landscaping contractor uses a lot of coleus in large containers in front of the main clubhouse, but they are under a portico so they don't get full sun beating down on them and they do well. Another plant that has done exceptionally well is the angelwing begonias. If you go over to DG and look for her pics, you'll get a lot of ideas and envy her creativity.

Comments (3)

Sponsored