SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Journal - First week of June

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

Our May journal had gotten photo heavy and must've been taking a long time to load for some people so maybe we need to start a new journal each week now.

We went to Arkansas over the weekend and hiked to Eden Falls near Ponca. Oh my gosh I'm so out of shape. lol The scenery was beautiful though and the kids enjoyed it. I'll start a new post with photos when I get them on the computer. We did some shopping while we were in Arkansas too. We have two teenagers so every good vacation must include shopping. lol We also visited Lacey Michelle's castle and the botanical gardens in Fayetteville.

We were only gone three days but I could really see the changes in my yard when we got back. Everything is growing so fast because of the rain and the temps warming up.

Gld - My verbena bonariensis that returned is starting to bloom already. The seedlings are only about four inches tall though. Hope it comes back every year. Also have a few flowers starting to open on my hydranges. My weigelas were beautiful this year but only have a few blooms now. Gray dogwoods are blooming. Blackhaw viburnums have a bunch of berries for the first time for me. Those are supposed to be edible. I wonder if they would be good for jelly.

The Homestead Verbena that I planted last year is beautiful right now. It spread out quite a bit and so has the purple poppy mallow that I planted last year. Can't wait 'til it blooms too.

I have four kohlrabi left and only one of them is forming a bulb if that's what you call it. I guess it will make a nice snack. lol

My passion flower vine hasn't come up yet. Surely it didn't die. It was bordering on invasive last year.

Still have dust on my garden hoses. It's nice not to have to water anything.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus