SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal 17 June 2007

lilod
16 years ago

Dawn cracks, Red, the rooster, makes his wake-up call, Taffy bounces off the bed. I make it to the bathroom, put some clothes on, brush my teeth. Off into the kitchen, plug coffee in, set up hot water to heat kitten-food, fix some breakfast for Sooty and Taffy - get Gussie, do the "Gussie, good girl!" ceremony (it involves cookies), boot computer, take a moment to light the candle and greet the day.

The kittens are calling! Solid food first, then bottle and cuddling.

Finally coffee and e-mail - kitten are napping - dogs and I go out to feed chickens and goats, watering is happening

Sun has risen - and so the day begins.

Last evening Joann is here to help with bottles and such, we are thinking of names. The little girls will be Jasmyn, called Jazzie for short, it fits her. I hope Michelle doesnÂt mind, her screen name inspired this.

Boy has no name, yet.

This morning Tabby-boyÂs name comes to me: Maximus - Max for short.

Now Jazzy and Maxie are napping. They did use the litter-pan! DidnÂt cover anything, but I am not complaining.

ItÂs going to be another hot day, so watering is the major task outside.

It truly is summer, though when I logged onto the NOAA weather site, what stared at me: a Freeze warning, not for me, though, further north around the Trinity Alps

and around the Oregon border.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions