SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardengal

Journal for Oct. 17 - 23

southerngardengal
18 years ago

Hi everyone. Hope you all will have a great week. Mine has started off so-so.

First yesterday on our way home from our big family reunion my mom called and said that dogs had gotten to my silkie hen and one of the rabbits. (My stepfather was seeing after my animals while we were gone). He came up while the dogs were here. Made me so angry. We have never had any problem with dogs eating or attacking our animals until the last two or three weeks. Thing is, I don't know who the dogs belong to so I can't contact the people. I lost both my silkies in a week and one rabbit. These dogs are something else. They seem to be able to tear through most anything.

My baby chicks arrived this morning. Twenty chicks hatched out of two dozen eggs. They look so pretty and healthy. I am going to have to bring them into the house tonight because our temp is supposed to be down to 43 degrees. I have them under a light but I am still afraid they may get chilled. There are several different breeds in the chicks. Some dominiques, several turkens (black), one that is a mixed of turken and easter egg chicken. So, I should have some interesting mixes. Of course, I asked him to hatch these so I can have some meat chickens but any of the pullets will probably have to stay with me. LOL.

The guy who hatched my eggs for me also, brought me another pair of silkies and a pair of Dominiques. I have worked hard today reinforcing their pens. If dogs get to these, then they aren't regular dogs they will have to be a "CUJO".

It should get interesting when all these rooster start crowing. LOL. Won't need an alarm clock then.

Replanted the spinach today. The first I planted never came up. Hoping for better results from this time. Also, planted some more leaf lettuces. The first lettuce I planted is almost large enough to start nibbling on. The radishes also are getting ready to eat. Yummy. Can't wait for fresh veggies from my garden again.

I wish you all a great week.

Jan

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH