SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

journal for June 7--14

ceresone
18 years ago

Sprinkling lightly out now, most rain going north of us--by only a few miles, radar looks like, can count each drop on the deck. i'm watering garden for the first time this summer, 90 degrees yesterday.

we're trying to remodel a room in existing building for my chickens, times running out!! chickens in my dining room is getting old!! course, they're in cages, but still!!hired couple of men one day, but all they did was ruin material, and had to stop them, should have told me ahead of time they didnt know how, i think.oh, well, back to coecering family.

think one of my baby bantams is a porcelian, and have several sultans, easy to tell them as they have extra toes.

the full sized chicks are mostly brown egg layers, and some rare types, ones with top hats are all i can identify yet.

i have tomatoes the size of golf balls. i'm building beds 3 or 4 high with concrete blocks this year, can you imagine gardening with no rocks?? as many beds as i want it will take several years, in the meantime, i have some in the ground, mulched heavy, that looks good, considering no rain.

wonder how high hay's going to be this winter, our pastures about burned up already--all except, as gldno says--thistles are still growing, i used a flame thrower on them last year, think its done better than round-up.well, i've rambled on long enough, i like to read about other's day's--but it seems mine are so mundane, i hate to put on paper. think rain's missed us again--goes north--or south!!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH