SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wxcrawler

Get ready for more cold weather :-(

wxcrawler
11 years ago

Wish I had better news, but our brief warm spell is going to come crashing down. Most of you that follow the weather forecasts know that Sunday and Monday look pretty chilly across much of Oklahoma. What you may not know as that an even colder airmass is coming by about Friday of next week, and it could last for several days. One of the more reliable computer models even shows the chance for winter precipitation across parts of Oklahoma at that time. I've been watching the models that run out to 16 days for several days now. About a week ago, they showed a big cold snap around 3/20. Then they quit showing it for a few days. Now they've started showing it again, and it seems pretty likely. The degree of the cold is hard to predict with much accuracy a week in advance, but I'm pretty certain temperatures are going to be much below normal by the end of next week. The Climate Prediction Center is showing that it may last at least into the following week, too. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814temp.new.gif

I sure hope I'm wrong. I've got 2 tomatoes planted, with the plan for several more this weekend. Luckily they are in containers and can be moved. Others may not be so lucky.

Lee

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting