SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

Defining The Boundaries of Forum Relationships

runktrun
16 years ago

I have been writing on gardening forums long enough that I know it is in my best interest when I read something that hits a raw nerve I need to give it some time before I respond. Sometimes I will immediately write a response in word and by the next day after a little space and clarity I am grateful for my delete button. This time however there is no right or wrong to the issue, no side to take, just two different people with polar opposite perspectives. For the second time in the last month or two I have read a long time forum member state with very clear boundaries that she/he would prefer to keep anonymous I have already gotten into one fight on this board. You canÂt be too safe. As I stated we are all different folk and all entitled to have our individual feelings treated respectfully, however this repeated sentiment really hit a nerve with me. How could anyone feel cautious about my forum buddies let alone myself? Heck I communicate more and feel I know some of you better than most of my neighbors. I am at the opposite end of this spectrum I have opened my home to you and look forward to visiting some amazing New England Forum Gardens this summer. Yes I have a different perspective about forum discussion and all of you who I have my morning tea with I value you for more than the gardening information you share and consider ALL of you my friend (even that yankee admiring treelover). kt

Comments (16)