SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnne_gw

Unable to find corn gluten meals effect on seedlings

johnne
18 years ago

Help - I've searched and have not been able to find an answer to the question, What is the effect of CGM on seedlings? I understand the concept, perused tons of University of Iowa's research - searched the web and this forum and I'm still not sure of the right way to go??

Here's my letter to Blue Seal, I'll let you know what their response is, but if anyone can supply the answer I will be forever greatful for your wisdom.

Dear Blue Seal:

(I just noticed this could read, Dear BS:)

I purchased your Safe N Simple, weed control last year and used it to control crab grass, I would like to do the same this year. But I have several large areas that I reseeded last fall and now have tiny seedlings growing that I would like to enhance their growth and not apply a product that may inhibit their root growth which is something the corn gluten meal tends to do when the weeds germinate.

I have searched the web and the Iowa horticultural site that developed CGM looking for an answer to this question and have not come up with a definative answer. Would you be able to provide one???

Thanks, also I noticed you have a Safe n Simple lawn food, I was thinking this might be a good alternative until the seedlings are more established, where would I be able to purchase that product in the Easton. MA, 02356 area?

Thanks, I'm sure you've had to answer this question before, I look forward to hearing from you...

John F. Fioriti

857-222-4781

Comments (3)