SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

As Seen On TV

runktrun
15 years ago

In 1977 when we were in the throws of a recession the classic planter"Chia Pet" was first introduced and some how this silly planter became an American icon. I am not sure at all what it was about this fury animal that encouraged folks during slim times no less to spend there hard earned cash. Whatever marketing ploy caused so many Americans with an interest in plants to decorate their windowsills terracotta animals painted in sprouts seems to have made a come back with the new tomato planter "Topsy Turvy".

Recently I found myself at a gathering where I was completely out of my element, I didnÂt know a sole, the artwork was not only stunning but each piece had some family story tied to it, and I was trapped in a corner with a LD who kept eyeing the door, my nervous small talk somehow brought up the As Seen On Tv Tomato Tree  Topsy Turvy. Naively I thought surely this item would be considered by anyone interested in the plant world as a silly item of folly that no sane person would spend their money on, well I am here to say that peoples ears perked and their eyes brightened at the mention of Topsy Turvy. Honestly I am not totally adverse to As Seen On TV items as a matter of fact I not only own but rave about the "Noodlehead Sprinkler", but I just simply donÂt understand the benefit of growing tomatoes upside down. Help me out here and share with me why you are buying your Topsy Turvy. Also would you be willing to break your back and plant a tomato in the soil for a controlled study? What other As Seen On TV garden related items do you own? Has anyone purchased the "Mosquito Repeller Watchband"? Why do you think there is a real rise in appeal of these items during recessions?

Comments (12)