SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsroc

Privacy needed, at least 8ft and grows fast.. pics

lindsroc
12 years ago

Good evening,

I posted a similar question in the landscape design forum but thought I would ask here as well since you all may know of trees/shrubs that will do well locally.

I have NO experience with any form of gardening, my kids actually make fun of me because I cant even keep an indoor plant alive. So, I will need something fairly low maintenance. We recently bought our home and there is NO landscaping at all. We have someone coming out next week that is going to either repair or take down the front retaining wall and lay sod. Thats going to be the current extent of our landscaping. lol. We are on the corner of a busy road and are looking for the following:

Tall, dense shrubs for front left corner of house.

Bushes in front of the house, to the left of the entrance in front of the window- for privacy.

A row of tall, dense, hedges / evergreens / trees along the fence in the yard- as you can see in the pic, the neighbors are higher than us so even though we have a 6ft fence it doesnt help.

Any help would be appreciated. I know 100% in the front left corner we want something dense and tall that we can plant in an L shape. On the inside of the fence we dont know if we should do trees or leyland cypress or green giant (also considering those for front).

In addition to these questions I would love any suggestions for what else we can do. I was thinking a nice tree in the front right corner, something with color. And a row of bushes along front of house by walkway. Thank you so much!

{{gwi:10778}}

{{gwi:10779}}

{{gwi:10782}}

Comments (11)