SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sien_creytens

Wanted: Fast Growing Privacy Screen

Tink05
9 years ago

I have done tons of research trying to find a fast growing evergreen hedge but now I just feel confused and unsure of myself. I was thinking about a Thuja Green Giant but I fear that they may get too tall and hit the power lines I would be planting under. If they handle getting the tops chopped off occasionally they may still work. Then I was looking at the Hybrid willows, and the other types of Thuja's. So many options.

Let me describe the area and my wants. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated!

I need about 75ft-100ft of privacy at a minimum height of 6ft. Width/depth isn't an issue, we have enough yard to spare. The line of trees would run east to west. Zone 8-9(Right on the edge) South Carolina. Preferably evergreen that handles pruning but doesn't require it. I love the idea of a formal hedge but I think the yard might be too large to do the formal structure. I like tidy. Don't mind starting small but the faster it grows, the better. We need privacy ASAP, as a new community is going up behind our house and we have an annoying neighbor kid on a dirt bike.

HELP!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living