SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joannemb

I am completely stumped---please help!

joannemb
13 years ago

My sister theresa hydrangea that has sat happily in it's container on my porch all summer was finally planted in it's home (same spot--in front of the porch in the ground) 2 weeks ago, and has been drooping really bad this week---without recovering. I'm familiar with the whole droop/recover thing that they do... My endless summers do it in full hot sun, but recover in the evening. This spot is not in full sun--- just gets morning sun from 8-noon. It liked the spot when it was potted... It gets just a bit more sun than it did before it was in the ground because it is no longer under the porch roof. I have kept it watered twice a week or so... I always check and it has never really dried out. I water when it is cool/damp but not wet. I wondered if I had overwatered and wanted to see if it was sitting in a puddle or something, so I dug beside it to expose the rootball.... and the rootball was damp, but not soaked. It's been really nice and cool the past couple of days... if it was wilting because of the heat is should have definitely recovered by now. I've asked 2 nurseries and they do not know.... I am at a loss and I love this plant--it was just so beautiful I hate to lose it---and not even know WHY!? What could I be missing???

Comments (5)