SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluejean_gw

Jam bread receipe?

bluejean
17 years ago

I went a little overboard with perserving Jams this summer. Even after sharing my abundance with friends and neighbors, I still have more than what my husband and I will consume this year. I am curious if anyone has a receipe for a banana bread-like receipe that uses Jam instead of bananas (or zucchini)? Or do you think it would be okay to subsitute out bananas for Jam in equal portions in my banana bread receipe? (I use the one from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook- the red and white checked one)

Any thoughts, or maybe other suggestions for using up some of our Jam supply? I am leaning more towards quick breads because it fits with my plan for holiday gifts. I planned on giving a few small loaves of quick breads, along with a jar or 2 of Jam all in a pretty basket lined with a quilt square.

Oh yeah- a tip for gifting small loaves of quick breads. I went to my party supply store and found treat bags with a pretty holiday design- they are exactly perfect for holding a small loaf of quick bread.

Thanks for your help and happy holidays to everyone!

bluejean in ohio

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths