SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Please help - fatty turkey!

2ajsmama
9 years ago

I canned a raw pack while roasting a turkey, the raw pack looks OK - some meat not covered. But I took the roasted turkey, cut it, put some in fridge for sandwich meat, ate some for dinner, kept the dinner meat and the dark meat and chunkier meat in the roasting pan in 300F oven until after dinner then hot packed it with boiling water. But some got way too much pan juices when taking it out (esp. the raw pack meat I reprocessed b/c 1 jar didn't seal, I put that in the pan and scooped it out with a ladle - mistake!).

So 4 out of 8 jars have an inch of fat at the top, those will be opened this morning - question, is it best to freeze these, dump the broth into the soup I've got going (which will be chilled and defatted overnight and canned tomorrow), put the meat in the soup too or what to do with the meat since it already was fully cooked before processing? I don't know if I want to process it again, even in soup?

And then what about the other 4 jars? 2 I can barely see any fat but the other 2 have a thin layer. Silver lid - thin layer:

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!