SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyfoutz

Another question on broth if thats what this is

sandyfoutz
15 years ago

My first time posting, but have happened upon this site many times. I love it and Annie if you read this my husband will only eat your salsa now. Thanks.

So I need a little help here. Okay, I put 2 turkeys in big pans in a friends pit. I froze all the meat, but there was lots of jelly liquid stuff too. I am wondering what this is. Is it turkey stock, broth, or drippings or are these all the same things? I was thinking it was broth. There was no water added to the pans. All the things I have found about broth is you make it by boiling carcus and veggies in water. So this is what I was thinking of doing. skimming off the fat, heating this really thick jelly and then pouring into jars and pressuring for 25 min. Would this be the same as buying a can of broth? I think it's much stronger so how would I use it in a recipe? Should I boil veggies with it when I heat the stuff up.

I hope this all made sense. Thankyou for any advice or knowlege you may have.

Sandy

PS I may become a regular. I love canning I just can't spend too much time on the computer or my little nuggets (kids) go crazy.

Comments (12)