SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

First mango fruit panicles of the season !!!

It happened just two days ago, on Sunday, Thats when I noticed the first two tiny, embrionic flowering panicles of the upcoming mango season, both on the same tree. Barely 2 " long now,..were 1/2 " long on Sunday ! Have been scrutinizing my 8 trees for the last week, hoping I'd see the first one, and wondering what tree it would appear on.
I know, I know, - a mango maniac ! Had to sneak away from the lock-up facility two days ago.
Finally found two on this first tree to blossom , took me two days to recover enough to take a few pics. The most amazing thing of all is which tree sprouted them.
It's my newest tree, purchased only 6 weeks ago,...the smallest of all my 8 mango trees,...AND STILL IN IT'S 7 GAL POT !!!! My 3 ft tall Pickering mango !!!
And its sitting next to a robust looking 6 ft tall Mallika mango, also in it's 7 gal pot,..without a sign of a panicle. And only 20 ft away is my 10 ft tall, bad ass looking Kent mango tree thats been in the ground four ( 4 ) years,..also without nary a sign of any flowers.
Will add another pic of the 2nd panicle,..gots ta hurry,..just spotted the asylum's caretakers pulling into my driveway,..trotting this way with my straight jacket,..they look mad. Damn ...

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting