SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaspuddyprint

Emily sent the south tip of Texas rain

texaspuddyprint
18 years ago

Just checking in with ya'll...

Our temperatures were still up in the 100's today but by late afternoon the sky darkened and the wind picked up. Got a nice steady bit of rain for about four hours.

I got home at 6pm and the hummies were mad! All their feeders were empty!!!

Mind you...my inside central aircon unit was on it's last legs so I decided to have it replaced...as well as all the duct work. Had the repairmen here for close to twenty hours - from 6:00 am Thursday morning to 2:45 am Friday morning!!! I finally had to run them off...as I needed to sleep and still get up for work at 4:45 am...EEEEEEEEK!!!

Went to work today and got home at 6:00 pm again...called the repairmen to come finish the job. They FINALLY got it all fixed up!!! WOOHOO!!! I have cold air in the house again!!!

Emily better not rip the roof off my house!!! Not after I paid a king's ransom for that aircon and duct installation!

Okay...back to the hummies...while the repairmen were doing the duct work in the attic I mixed up a batch of nectar and went about washing and filling all the feeders.

Wish ya'll could've seen the hummies attack!!! They kept flying by me as I had taken down all the feeders to wash and rinse by the outside faucet.

I had barely hung up the first re-filled feeder when they start squeaking really, really, really loudly! Not sure if that meant hurry up dang it...or hey everyone there's food.

The repairmen came down from the attic to cool off and they were having fun watching the hummies zipping around and feeding.

The weather cooled off nicely and that also perked up the hummies. They were still chirping away and zipping around in the rain at 8:00 pm.

Well, the repair finally left at midnight and I'm still awake. There's still a slight drizzle still going.

The weatherman says Emily is headed this way and she's expected to arrive late Wednesday afternoon.

This neighborhood has lots of big sturdy oaks so hopefully the hummies will find a niche to hide out in if the weather gets rough.

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrr...time to hit the hay...the alarm clock will ring too early for work Saturday.

~ Cat

Comments (8)