SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nova_gw

My Thanks to Two Special Deland Gardeners

nova_gw
16 years ago

I went to Deland yesterday and stopped in the see Bill [Castorp] and drop off a rose I had for him. He was kind enough to show me around his garden and wrangled me an invite to visit Micheal's [an_ill-mannered ache] garden too!

Bill's garden was a delight with his free form stepping stones and a variety of raised beds growing different types of veggies. Interspersed among the veggies, he has many blooming beauties from roses to pentas. And his Pipe Vine! I am well on my way to killing my third vine, but his had scrambled up his fence and was heading up a nearby tree! He also has a red type of okra that was as tall as me and was stunning.

After wondering around in his garden for awhile and meeting his lovely wife Anna again we loaded up and went to Micheal's house.

Micheal's garden hits you from the minute you pull into the drive. I could not describe the house as my eyes were filled with the collection of plants he has put together. Dune Sunflowers, roses, Vitex, Confederate Rose, African Iris, and Barbados Cherry [plus others I am sure but have forgotten] all share the bed leading to the gate to his back yard. And the backyard! Wow! More lovely roses [my favorites] along with a variety of plants that would make a garden like Kanapaha jealous!

I had a wonderful time and want to thank Bill for arranging it for me and to thank Micheal for showing me around. I have been in a doldrum with my garden lately and now I am inspired! I also want to thank both gentlemen for all the cuttings and plants they gave me! Their gifts made my trip to the Herb Festival [where I went after leaving Deland] almost anticlimactic!

It has been said here before and I will say it again -

Gardeners are the BEST people!

Thanks again Guys!

nova aka Susan

Comments (3)