SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Foodsaver models v2244 vs v2240

2ajsmama
13 years ago

I started a new thread so we didn't have to go through 50-odd old posts. I found these 2 models (both black so won't yellow with age) at Target. The V2240BS is on clearance and has been very hard to find in my area but one store is holding one for me for $88.

Another store (farther away) has the V2244, not on clearance, plenty in stock, for $80. I found it online for less, but then there's shipping so it's not much less. Just less hassle - no 60+ mile round trip.

I can't find these on Foodsaver website. I can't even find the V2244 on Target's website! But the V2240BS has pretty good reviews there.

So, are they comparable? Does anybody have either one of these (older?) models? Which would you recommend? I guess I could go get the $88 one and return it if the consensus is that the V2244 is better (and I can find that one less expensive online anyway, though not much less after shipping). Thanks.

Comments (9)

• kayskats
    13 years ago

Amazon has the V2040 for 76.00 including free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-T000-36020-V2040-Vacuum-Packaging-System/dp/B000OWLQ9S/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1286982969&sr=1-6

Mine is so old I don't even know the model but it's white and has yellowed.

• digdirt2
    13 years ago

Hyperlinks:

2040 Has some real negative reviews. Most listings for it on Google are under another of Jarden's brand names (Villa), not Foodsaver so I suspect it is strictly a budget model or a discontinued model.

2240 is still aproduction model and detailed info is available on the Foodsaver website. Much better reviews on amazon.com.

No contest at all IMO. The 2240 is the much better deal of those 2 choices. But for approx. $40 more you can make a big jump up to a much better model than either. When considering prices be sure to include the extra bags and rolls that come with the models when ordered from Foodsaver and not from the other suppliers - a substantial savings.

Dave

• John__ShowMe__USA
    13 years ago

kayskats posted almost exactly what I was going to post. And don't forget the sales tax break. My local W*M Stuporstore carries a couple models for 2â less than $100. V2222 and V3020. Sales tax not included.

Bags are a toss-up as to Amazon or W*M or even Sam's. They are going to be expensive. You might think about including some if you Amazon because they are less than the $25 minimum for free shipping if you order separately.

There must be a gazillion diff FoodSaver models.

• readinglady
    13 years ago

I haven't looked at the other thread so apologies if I'm repeating, but if you're considering a vacuum sealer principally for next season, you might want to go to the FoodSaver website and get on their email list. Several times a year you will receive special offers.

I bought a "back-up" model (in case my model gave out in the middle of packaging frozen corn, for example) as a special offer with free shipping, at about half the price anywhere else.

They also offer specials on canisters, bags, etc. from time to time.

Signup is on the upper right-hand corner of the page.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: FoodSaver Sign-Up

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks - I wasn't even considering the 2040 b/c of negative reviews. I did go and grab the v2240bs (black and SS so it won't yellow) for $88.16 ($93 something with tax, plus a longer drive than I anticipated). But I can always return it locally, and when we go winter-boot shopping for the kids at the big mall in the state we can get the v2244 if it's any better (for $8 less, or maybe even on sale then).

Our WMs sell the bags and rolls, but I haven't seen the heat seal appliances there. But Ken posted a source for rolls on the old thread.

The v2240bs might have been specifically for Target? Though the box doesn't mention the DVD that the website does, it does come with an 11" x 10' roll, 3 quart and 2 gallon bags. Appliance dimensions 16.25"x6.75"x4.25". CrushFree Seal, Hands-free operation.

I can't find reviews on the 2244 that the Manchester store said they had *anywhere*. The item isn't even listed on Target or FS websites, so I don't know the features. But it's listed on Electronics Showplace as a Tilia, so maybe low-end model?

Here is a link that might be useful: Target model I bought

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Carol - I was posting at the same time, I did sign up the other day when Dave posted the link. So hopefully I can get some deals on bags, the mason jar attachment (though Kohl's has that for $10 and I always get 15-30% off coupons), etc.

• readinglady
    13 years ago

Tilia was the name of the company that made the Foodsaver before it was bought out by whomever . . . (sorry, I just went blank). It doesn't connote a lower quality; it sounds like the listing doesn't reflect change in ownership. Human error???

Model numbers can be very tricky. A lot of companies have standard models altered to their specs. Costco is an example; they sell FoodSavers but their model numbers can differ in some respects.

Carol

• digdirt2
    13 years ago

Tilia was the name of the company that made the Foodsaver before it was bought out by whomever . . . (sorry, I just went blank).

Jarden. ;) Seems Jarden owns just about everything in our area of interest here. And then some. jarden.com is real conglomeration of brand names.

Dave