SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccaggiano_gw

Totally off topic - but somewhat related to my harvest...

ccaggiano
15 years ago

Okay - so I went to the hospital last night. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. Tightening, muscle spasms in my chest. And before I continue this post... you need to know that I am not a weakling. Nothing stops me. I have a high tolerance for pain. And for me to call my mom last night crying like a little girl, well it was bad. But I am only 36 so the thought of heart problems freaked me out even more.

Went to the hosp. Admitted immediately because I was complaining of chest pains. Finally, finally, at 6 am this morning, after chest x rays and ekgs, the doctor told me that I either pulled a muscle or have a small fracture in my rib. Because of the muscles, tendons, their positions and the fact that they are all mixed in there, no definitive answer.

Okay - glad to hear I didn't have a heart problem/attack with all this pain. And I'll take that. He asked me what I did yesterday. I said I was gardening. He said I probably hurt myself while gardening. Oh - okay...

While I did plant another 300 pea seeds and cut out some pumpkin vines that were overtaking the garden (again) this was nothing compared to the thousands of pounds of manure/dirt/compost I brought up to the house (read 15 stairs) when starting the garden this year. But the pea planting and vine cutting is what did me in. Sure...

So - he sent me home with three separate prescriptions for some pretty strong drugs. Oxycontin, percocet and vicodin. 15 pills of each. With the instructions that I should see what works the best for the pain. Check back with my primary physician next week and take it from there.

I don't even know where to start with that one.

With two kids and no help, I can't use those drugs. So I came home, took a ton of advil, had a few drinks and I am somewhat functional. The pain is under control - better than taking hard core drugs.

My mamma didn't raise no fool :-) The scripts are at the pharmacy - waiting to be picked up. I'll save the good stuff for when I don't have the kids.

BUT - what kind of doctor, working for a reputable hospital - prescribes percocet, vicodin and oxycontin??? At the same time??? With the expectations that I will choose the best painkiller and throw away the rest???

Can't wait until my next false alarm. If I play it up enough, I might be able to get morphine????

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert