SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeip

Question about Annie's Salsa

skeip
14 years ago

I have to sign on to the list of fans of Annie's Salsa. I made it last night and it is exactly what I was looking for in a home canned salsa. Delicious!! We were eating it out of the kettle before it even cooked it was so good. Only change I made was to add more cumin because I really like that flavor. One thing I have never seen addressd in any of the threads is about the tomatoes themselves. I used what I had ripe, a mix of regular and Roma types, peeled, rough chopped, measured out 8 cups and put them in a strainer to drain. After I shook them a bit to knock out the juice, I was only left with about 6 cups of chunks, I measured. Uncertain of what to do, and because I had peeled extra tomatoes, I chopped up another 2 cups and threw them in. The salsa turned out fine, but I ended up with 7 and a half pints, instead of the 6 as indicated. Should I have just used the 6 cups of tomatoes after the juice had drained off? Am I overthinking the whole thing? Thanks for an amazing recipe, I have already given it to two coworkers.

Steve

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz