SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccaggiano_gw

Another question about Annie's Salsa....

ccaggiano
14 years ago

Last year, I put up a bunch of Annie's Salsa. I absolutely loved it. In fact, with everything I put up, the Salsa was the only thing that didn't last past October. But - as good as it was when initially eating it, it always had a weird after taste. I was using the BWB recipe and not the PC recipe. So there was a lot of vinegar in there. I initially attributed the weird aftertaste to the cumin.

I made my first batch of the season tonight and with that in mind, I omitted the cumin. And the weird aftertaste is still there. I am now realizing that the cumin wasn't the culprit, but probably the white vinegar. And that odd taste is still there.

Anyone else have this problem???

I just went back through some old posts on the forum and realized that Annie uses Cider Vinegar, not White Vinegar. Is the white vinegar causing the weird after taste. And if so, how could I possible be that stupid??? I've spent countless hours on these boards combing through old threads to get recipes and learning about canning - did I just miss that one little distinction?

Your thoughts???

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm