SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

Sunday Afternoon Photos (lots of pics)

manature
16 years ago

After a long, hard day of gardening yesterday, I sat down on my little trellis bench to contemplate what I had accomplished. The late afternoon sun was slanting light down through all the leaves, and it was just so pretty, I had to try to capture it in pixels! ;o)

Of course, this doesn't anywhere near do it justice, but here's an overall photo of my rose bed, with the sunlight shining through. Only a few blooms right now, but lots of new growth showing up, so it won't be long until a new flush of flowers appears.

This is the small bed next to the shed, which I call Oscar's Bed, as he is buried under the birdbath.

Another view so you can see how tall my sunflower tree is getting again. (I cut it back in July to about 3 feet.) It is probably 12 or 13 feet, at least, now.

A closer look at the birdbath over Oscar's grave.

Mark, stopping to pull a few weeds from the edges of the brick pathway. Kat, you can see your euphorbia to the left of the picture. Compare it in size to the Diamond Frost euphorbia which is growing in a semi-circle around the front of the bed, interspersed with the yellow-flowering coreopsis.

The rose garden from the other side.

A closer look at my 20th anniversary trellis bench, against the fence. This is usually where I drink my morning tea every day.

The Bali Hut bed with some leggy coleus that I'm getting ready to trim back. The gaps are from where I pulled out some annual coleus that had bitten the dust. The tall purple "tree" is my hibiscus acetosella or False Roselle. I just love that rich color, even if it hasn't yet bloomed for me. And that is purple fountain grass around it, which was SUPPOSED to be taller than the coleus I planted in front, but haha...the coleus grew huge and eclipsed it.

Just to give you an example of how big some of that coleus can get, here is a picture of one that is only about 6" below the gutter of my porch roof! This bed is wildly overgrown and in need of clean up, but I thought some of you might like to see how tall this Saturn got.

And that's my garden as it was yesterday afternoon. Hope you liked visiting with me!

Marcia

Comments (23)