SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyciaadamo

omg help!!

alyciaadamo
12 years ago

I put 3 hostas in big half barrels last year and 2 look like the have crown rot(?) all the eyes are mushy and are brown but some had some green under the mush. I was seriously lucky with my Sally and Bob. I am worried about my Goodness Gracious and Stained Glass they're not up yet but I'm too scared to dig it up. Also in a completely other spot I had, I think it was LS Beach Bum, and that looked like mush too. Does this mean they are dead? The roots seem ok even most of the crowns seem fine it's just the "eye" parts that seem mushy. Even the most infamous Great Expectations is poking through, though that one is in the ground. What I don't understand is there was never any standing water on these at all. While in the front yard a whole bunch of hostas some with barely enough soil covering the roots IN STANDING WATER ALL WINTER and all in small gallon pots seem to be fine (with the exception of one)! WTH!?

I am soooo hoping they are alive that they will just take longer to recuperate please,please, please, please!!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor