SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corpsmancooper

I'm going crazy!

CorpsmanCooper
12 years ago

I have been going crazy trying to find a good nursery around where I live (Panama City). I tried Springfield Nursery about a month ago. They had some beautiful plants but none that really interested me. Then today I tried Calos Nursery because I pass it every day on my way to college and it really looked nice from the road. All I have to say is WOW looks can be deceiving! Excuse my language but what a S#%@! hole! Everything was over grown, the employee was creepy, and there were about 4 dilapidated buildings on the property that were being taken over by plants! I took the main thoroughfare through the nursery, didn't really see anything I liked so then I took some of the little paths to see if I saw anything worthwhile. About 2 minutes in to that adventure and I got the heck out of there! I literally thought I was either going to be bit by a snake or raped/murdered by the employee! The only things I saw that might have been worthwhile were a few agaves but they really didn't look that healthy! I might have paid $2 and tried to nurse it back to health but instead I hightailed it out of there! Anway, enough with my rant about the creepy nursery! What I was really wondering is, I know many of you are down in central or southern Florida, but does anyone know of any good nurseries up this way? I love Tropiflora and I fully intend on stopping there next time I go see my grandmother. However, I can't get past buying plants online. I like to visually see exactly what I'm buying . . . plus I'm pretty impatient. I've literally gotten to the point where I'm about to just start driving around at night with a shovel, scouting out houses and businesses with plants that I like! Another thing is that money is really tight at the moment so most of the time I'm just going to look. I'm in to just about everything as far as plants but I especially like tropical plants and I'm REALLY getting in to Succulents and Cacti. Any suggestions?

Comments (17)