SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wren_garden

Red Hot Suggestions please.

wren_garden
15 years ago

What clear bright reds with no orange cast would you suggest for late season flare? If they have a light to white mid rib and or edge that would be perfect but not needed.They will be in a bed with true pinks so rose red is OK too.The reds on the final list so far are; (Non of which are Lates)

HIGHER AMBITION

PASSION DISTRICT

FRANCIS OF ASSISI

CHRISTINE DIXON

LADYBUG

DIXIE LAND BAND

MARY ALICE STOKES

VIVID HEART

ROSES IN SNOW

CHOO CHOO JUBLIEE

If anyone has grown any of these, how have they done for you? Any pics of suggestions or ones off this list would be greatly appreciated. I have come to the sure and certain conviction that I will be putting in a DL bed in the front yard for spring 09. My brother is saving newspapers for me to cover the grass from now until I dig in the spring. A 10x4 foot kidney. I was going to make a bed on the side of the house but decided the house next door casts a shadow for too long in a day. Yes I am dangerously close to NEEDING DLs and I have just planted my first 22 this month and the only bloom I have seen or will see until 09 is here and online vendors. My husband shakes his head and asks, your looking at those flowers AGAIN? Yes flowers, but not the same ones. I tell him how many thousands there are and he shakes his head again. I told him I don't say anything when he pours over Baseball stats for hours and watches classic football games from 10, 15, 25 years ago. Well back to the important things. your best Reds. Thanks a bunch( of DLs)! Elizabeth

Comments (12)