SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_love

Katie's peach salsa

prairie_love
17 years ago

I am going to make Katie's peach salsa tonight, yum yum! I made it last year and everyone loved it. For the new (even newer than me) people, I"ve copied the recipe below because it is wonderful (I hope you don't mind, Katie).

Anyway, I didn't write good enough notes last year, so I have a couple of questions. 1) Are the peaches peeled, does it matter? I would think they should be peeled for best texture, but of course it would be easier if they are unpeeled. 2) If I wanted it a little hotter, could I add another jalapeno or two and just remove some of the red bell pepper? Since the bell pepper isn't measured in cups, just approximate the amount of a jalapeno? 3) Could lemon or lime juice be used instead of the vinegar? Do you think that would taste bad? BTW, should lemon and lime juices be purchased new every year or do they hold their acidity? 4) I made both pints and half pints last year, would the processing time be the same - 10 minutes?

Thank you, I'm looking forward to having this again!

Ann

Peach Salsa

Recipe By :Katie

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Preserving

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

6 cups peaches -- diced

1 1/4 cups red onion -- chopped

4 jalapeno peppers -- chopped

1 red bell pepper -- chopped

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro -- loosely packed

1/2 cup white vinegar

2 tablespoons honey -- or sugar

3 cloves garlic -- finely chopped

2 teaspoons cumin

1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Simmer for 5 minutes. Pack into hot jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (0-1000 ft.), 15 minutes (1001-6000 ft.), and 20 minutes (above 6000 ft.).

Comments (11)