SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athenainwi

Help me pick a Purple Daylily

16 years ago

I have a small row of daylilies in my front garden, and I want to add one more to the end of the row. I currently have Strutter's Ball, Destined to See, and Forgotten Dreams. I'm looking for a daylily that is purple and isn't the terribly similar to the ones I already have. I'd like it to be a later bloom time too. I've narrowed the list down to: Bela Lugosi, Her Majesty's Wizard, Night Beacon, Purple Arachne, and Storm of the Century. I like Bela because of the name and the dark color but it doesn't stand out much. Her Majesty's Wizard has a nice edge but it has smaller flowers and blooms earlier. Night Beacon also has small flowers and earlier blooms but I love the glowing green center. Purple Arachne is probably my favorite but doesn't have the pretty edge that some of the others do. Storm of the Century has a great edge, but looks more red than purple in some of the pictures.

If you have any of these please give me some feedback. I'll consider other choices too if you have one you think I'll like, but I'd like to stick to ones I can find at the local nursery. I'm still very new to daylilies so please mention the obvious if I'm missing something.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio