SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeip

Secret Family Recipe

skeip
13 years ago

This is the recipe that the women in my famly have used for their Pickles for the last 60+ years. My great great aunt Mildred held this recipe as her personal treasure, and no one got it without going through her, and then she wouldn't always give it out! My almsot 80 year old mother and her sister still uses this recipe and method with seemingly great success. No one has died!!

I know from all I have read and deduced that this recipe is not safe on so many levels. Perhaps as a favor to all of us, you Masters could go through and point out why. I know I can always use a refresher on the latest methods.

TYIA

Steve

MILDREDÂS PICKLES

Single Batch, about 7 quarts

1 Quart Vinegar

3 Quarts Water

3/4 Cup Salt

1 ½ Cup Sugar

Cucumbers

Dill

Garlic

Peppercorns

Into each sterilized quart jar place 6 whole Cloves Garlic, 1 teaspoon whole Black Peppercorns and Dill. Pack the jars tightly with Cucumbers.

Combine Vinegar, Water, Salt and Sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and when jars are all packed, ladle the boiling juice over the Cucumbers.

Seal with rings and lids and place in a pan of boiling water. Process in 350F oven for 30 minutes. Remove and cool. Be sure to check that the jars have sealed before storing.

Comments (6)