SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecurious1_gw

Can this recipe be processed?

thecurious1
17 years ago

Hi All-

I lifted this recipe from a different thread in this forum. No one ever commented on whether or not this can be processed. Can it? I'd like to try it this eve in my BWB processor. If it cannot, what changes would have to be made in order for it to be canned?

by afeisty1 St. Louis (My Page) on Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 9:31

Although it's not a canning recipe here's a different BBQ sauce recipe that's really good. I'm not sure it could be canned even if you left out the butter. I wouldn't know the processing time or whether the sugar and cider vinegar would be sufficient.

Annie, your cherries are beautiful! Now that I've got blueberries out of the way I hope to capitalize on putting up cherries (well, I'd like to do a batch of pie fillings but blueberries and cherries in my neck of the woods are cost prohibitive!).

Cherry BBQ Sauce

1 medium onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons butter

2 cups fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted and coarsley chopped

1 cup ketchup

2/3 cup packed brown suger

1/4 cup of cider vinegar

1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce

2 teaspoons of ground mustard

1/2 teaspoon pepper

l/8 teaspoon liquid smoke

In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered, over medium low heat for 20 minutes or until cherries are tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield is 3 l/2 cups.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner