SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Father's Day Tribute Papa Pete's Prize garden

goldenpond
15 years ago

My dad lives in a quaint Senior Apartment where he is very happy. He has a porch to sit and enjoy the great outdoors.I had been putting in a few plants mostly containers when they decided to run a contest to get the residents to pretty up the place.That was all I needed for motivation! I dug all around the palm tree to extend his garden and we got busy picking out the most cheerful plants .One of the ladies was always helping to water and I gave her some plants to add to her own flower bed. Dad won first prize ,a gift certificate to Publix. We talked it over and decided to give the certificate to the lady who had been so helpful watering. She was very happy and dad got what he wanted, a pretty flower garden and new friends as people stopped by to admire the cheerful flower bed.

Dad will be 80 the 24th of this month.He gets a double dose with Father's Day this month.

I was without him for about 30 years of my life,not knowing if he was dead or alive. My brother found him in Vegas living in deplorable conditions. It took me three years to get him off booze. I kept teasing him that I would make a respectable citizen out of him one day. (with God's strength I have)He attends church every Sunday with me so I guess that is plenty respectable! I am blessed to have him close to me for the rest of his life!

DADS GARDEN BEFORE-------

{{gwi:894105}}

Dad in the red shirt with his buddies

{{gwi:894106}}

AFTER----------------------------------------------------

{{gwi:894107}}

{{gwi:894108}}

notice the plane in the pot and I even have a combat boot planted

{{gwi:894109}}

Don't forget your dad this month!

Comments (10)