SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zabby17

Late-Summer Roasted Veggie Stuff Scores a Big Hit

zabby17
17 years ago

Those of you who were on the board in the late summer may remember readinglady posted a great recipe for an end-of-garden roasted vegetable concoction involving tomatoes, peppers, and corn, tossed in olive oil with herbs and roasted until cooked way down, the flavours intensified. She recommended several uses for it, including spreading on baguette rounds and serving over pasta.

On Friday I made a couple of soups to serve for my family visitors --- a potato bisque and a simple tomato soup. I put some fresh basil in the tomato soup and was thinking it was pretty good, but not nearly as good with canned tomatoes (even my home-canned ones) as with fresh ones in summer, and the thought of summer reminded me that I had some of that roasted veggie stuff in the freezer.

One of those inspired moments occurred, and I put a cup of it into the tomato soup.

Oh, man. It was transformed! Tasted just exactly like summer, which was a fine thing given that it decided to snow here this weekend. Went from a decent simple soup to one of the best I've had.

So, thanks again, Carol!

Zabby

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022