SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john__showme__usa

Nesco American Harvestor Dehydrator FD -60 Snackmaster Express

John__ShowMe__USA
17 years ago

Another one goes bad!

Had been running for nearly a day set at aprox 115 on the dial and was reading 130° on my probe type thermometer that I use to constantly monitor temps. (a perfect temp for what I am drying) Checked this morning and was over 160°!!!! Unplugged, let cool off, checked tray positions to see if airflow blocked etc. Turned dial all the way down to bottom (95°) and drove to town to pick up mail. Came back and temp was 149°.

Now this unit is a replacement for the same model that went bad back in I think 2005. Same thing happened.

Called Nesco this morning. Nothing they will do as is obviously out of warranty. A replacement top (heating unit) available for $28 plus $5 shipping though. And they had never heard of a similar complaint before. Hello!!! When I called in they found my previous file from my phone #.

Just a heads-up. Caveat emptor if you will. I expect most people don't care or know what temps they are dehydrating at and for some things 160° might be just fine. I need low temps for what I do. Be sure and use a thermometer probe to monitor temps if you use one of these units. I expect a 15° variation from what says on the dial & that is acceptable.

Very disappointed. Will probably email a complaint to

WallyWorld and hope they decide to stock a more reliable brand.

JohnT

Comments (5)