SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

I thought I would tell you all...

ruthieg__tx
15 years ago

Since so many of you have wished me well.....

Today was my followup appointment with the Oncologist....I had a Cat Scan last Friday to see if any of the lung cancer showed up.........she said ........No Evidence of Disease.........on the Cat Scan..

Having just finished chemo it isn't all that surprising as it's early in the game and I will have to go back every 3 months for a cat scan to make sure it hasn't returned. They will use this first scan to use as a comparison for the ones that I will have later on. For now nothing shows up and that's good news because it means I get a break from chemo. I so appreciate all the good thoughts, prayers and the support that you all have given me....It certainly made it so much easier. I look at my Caring Bridge site and am amazed that it has been looked at more than 14,000 times...How incredible is that? When I went in this morning I wore my red shirt and my red fingernails with a red bandana to cover my bald head.......

I so appreciate your concern and I am so thankful to have so many of you sitting in my cheering section....

Comments (18)

• jimster
    15 years ago

So far, so good. That's what we were hoping for, Ruthie.

Thanks for the update.

Jim

• bcskye
    15 years ago

So glad you are sharing your good news, Ruthie. Lots of prayers will continue to be with you.

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

And I am cheering now that you have an "all clear"!

• brokenbar
    15 years ago

Hang tuff Ruthie! I am a firm believer, from personal experience, that "mind over matter" holds a lot of truth. Will be sending good thoughts your direction.

• trsinc
    15 years ago

That's so good to hear! I'll continue to send you good thoughts and prayers as many will. Keep fighting.

• jude31
    15 years ago

Thank you for sharing the good news. You'll still be in my thoughts and in my prayers. Hang tight.

jude

• bejay9_10
    15 years ago

Don't give up the fight - God Bless!

Bejay

• ruthieg__tx
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all ...I hated to make a post about my health on the harvest forum but I have mentioned it a few times and have had responses from many of you so I wanted you all to know the good news. I rather doubt (although optomistic) that this cancer is through with me but I'm happy this test was a good one and I'll take as many good ones as I can get. Thanks again.

• caavonldy
    15 years ago

Ruthie, you are such an inspiration to all who reed your posts. I admire your spirit. We continue to keep you in our prayers. Today my daughter starts her first radiation treatment for breast cancer. She is so lucky as they found the small tumor on her 1st mammogram. They were able to remove all the cancer with surgery, the radiation is to make sure that no cancer cells escaped. She is only 47, so they are being extra careful.

• ruthieg__tx
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's good news caavonldy...I did the same thing in 200 1 and had surgery and radiation and no sign of any return. The lung cancer is a totally different cancer. They were very quick to assure me that the cancer in my lung wasn't made up of breast cancer cells. She will do well and I will add her to my prayer list.

• jude31
    15 years ago

I just had my 2 year checkup after breast cancer surgery and I'm always hopeful but never complacent. We are in this fight together.

jude

• ksrogers
    15 years ago

I'm hoping you were not a smoker. If so, you really know that it does affect your lungs in a great way. I have to deal with oxygen now and its no fun, even though I never smoked. Its good to know that they caught yours early enough.

• cabrita
    15 years ago

Ruth, thanks for sharing the good news with us and best of luck to you!

• busylizzy
    15 years ago

Great news Ruthie!
    Hang in there!
    Liz

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Ruthie, that's wonderful news. I'll be sending all my good thoughts and prayers that every single checkup is good.

caavonldy, I'll be thinking good thoughts for your daughter too, doctors sure do amazing things now, so stay strong.

Judge, here's wishing nothing but all clear reports for you too.

Annie

• lpinkmountain
    15 years ago

Yay Ruthie! Enjoy your three months!
    Thinking of you with love,
    Lpink

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    15 years ago

I'm a little late here, but Ruthie, I'm so glad to hear your news. Positive vibes heading your way for the next 3 months :^)

Edie

• HerbLady49
    15 years ago

Ruthie,
    I'm new to this site, and just read your post. I will add your name to my prayer list.
    God Bless.