SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aharriedmom

Kind-of whiney musing...

10 years ago

I am a dreamer. I have visions of masses of plants and flowers charming everyone. I have plans of moving all my plants around and forming the most interesting and cool gardens.

Unfortunately, a) dream =/= planner, b) my visions aren't clear at all, and c) see "a." I am also a bit of a weird pack-rat personality. ie. I have a hard time even pulling up teeny seedlings that don't have a home, even if they are in the wrong spot, and I am often found collecting plants that are cool, or doomed, even when I don't have anywhere to put them - or people give me plants I don't really want, need, or even like, yet I feel the need to do my best by them (like the Mother-of-Millions my husband pulled out of a crack in a side-walk that is in my living room, taking up valuable space).

When I read these forums (like the landscape design) and other sites, I alternate between optimistic enthusiasm and overwhelmed hopelessness (a bit of an exaggeration, lol). The more I learn the more I want to do, but realize I'm not really capable for various reasons. I often go outside with the best of intentions, wander around aimlessly trying to decide what I should do, and then end up getting distracted by the oxalis in the yard, so I crawl around on my hands and knees pulling it up. :)

Anyway - how does a rather disorganized, scatterbrained dreamer cope with all the possibilities! I'd be okay if there were only 2 or 3 plants available for me to choose, but there are so many! I have to have all the plants!

I'm about to head out to create! ...or maybe pull some oxalis, ;-)

eta: Oh! I also forgot I have the conspiracy against gardens! 3 dogs, and 5 kids (1 of each is particularly hard on my plants, and the other 2 dogs have been known to dig out a cool spot to lay - this is how one of my dahlias got started fairly far from the parent plant - I didn't even notice the baby tuber when I filled in the pit and replaced the parent tuber). Are dahlias tubers? I think so, if not, oops.

This post was edited by aharriedmom on Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 7:50

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH