SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Backyard Daylily Garden- Work in Progress

newyorkrita
16 years ago

So after planting my daylilies received Thursday and Friday, I have some progress on my backyard daylily garden which is a raised (up about 20 inches) rectangular plateau somewhat in the middle of my backyard against my back proberty line. My neighbors properties in back of me are both uphill from my yard.

Of the four rows of daylilies planned I got the back row (mostly) done. It is (running from left to right)-

Social Graces

Hidden Riches

Oktoberfest

Blissful Beauty

Prediction

Cherrystone

Empty spot were I need to get something

Reason for Treason

Empty Spot - Going to order Kwanza Gold from Maryotts

Inner Vision

Electric Marmalade Magic

Front row again running from left to right mostly done too is-

Sabine Bauer

Pretty Gaudy

Pearlfisher Pink

Gillian

Cubian Skies

Elegant Candy

Aesthetis Ballet

Celebration of Angels

2 empty spots

The front row goes between and ties together the two front retangular groups on each side. China Bride with Susan Weber on the left and Antique Rose with Sweet Sugar Candy on the right.

Two more rows of daylilies are planned but frankly I am running out of steam.

I have Moonlit Masquerade and Autumn Wood coming next week and they are going further down towards the left in the backyard near a birdbath fountain were I made a little garden. The Mystical Rainbows I got go around the fountain.

This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't already done the daylily bed in the front yard this spring but doing the two plus daylilies that I have in other spots around the place (they needed those daylilies!) has been quite the challenge. I keep thinking about how stunning it will look when they all bloom.

Comments (42)